Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:04 am

After some editing I tried to Import but the following error halted the process:
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Error No: 1064
INSERT INTO `product_to_category` (`product_id`,`category_id`) VALUES ;
Your error message seems to indicate that you have product(s ) not belonging to any category. I can fix the code so it won't stumble over this.

I have only tested the Export/Import feature for the default language. Assuming you have exactly the same products and categories for each language, you'd have to run the Export/Import separately for each language if you change language-specific descriptions, and switch the default language between each Export/Import run via OpenCart's /admin/index.php?controller=language function.

During the import, the language-specific descriptions (e.g. product descriptions, etc) are only replaced for the current default language which is checked against the language_id column from the spreadsheet.

Most product and category fields are language-agnostic. E.g. if you change prices only then just one Export/Import cycle is needed, regardless of the default language set.
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by jmigsanchez » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:09 am

Sorry, problems again...

I installed opencart in another site, with the export module too, and exports a file with this message: "Warning:  set_time_limit() Cannot set time limit in safe mode (...) on line 1431"

With phpinfo I checked that "safe_mode" of my site is "on". I tried to change it via .htaccess with no success,the safe mode of my server is always activated.

Is there an alternative of the using "set_time_limit()" in export.php ?

Thank you!

Post by bruce » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:13 am

You can comment it out and hope for the best. The time limit was introduced/extended after some testing with really large datasets. You may not need it at all.

Post by jmigsanchez » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 pm

I commented out this line, and now it exports an xls file with 0 size...

Post by closer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi everyone!

I installed this Module on my OpenCart instalation, but I get an error on the output xls file.

I attached the file to this post. Hope somebody can help me, I appreciate it.

I'm on a VPS server with PHP version 5.2.4 and MySQL version 5.0.45.

This module is very, very useful, thank you.

Thank you very much.

Sergio

Attachments

Post by dr770 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:09 am

I tested this could-be-vary-usefull plug but unfortunately, in my case it makes export only in actual language.
Somebody has better expierences with it in more as 1 language?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 am

I tested this could-be-vary-usefull plug but unfortunately, in my case it makes export only in actual language.
Somebody has better expierences with it in more as 1 language?
It is by design only supporting one language at a time, that is, the current default language.

Assuming you have the same categories and products for each language, you could just change the default language (Admin > Configuration > Localisation > Language) and then do another export (Admin > Configuration > Export/Import) to another spreadsheet file for your second language.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by dr770 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:06 am

My intention was to put all product relevant informations to one xls and upload it.
but i cant do it, because it delete all infos in other languages...

Post by ptal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Dear Bruce,

Just checking that I have done everything correct. I installed the export/import tool and it comes up in the admin/configuration/export/import button as it is supposed to. The problem is that when I click the "export" button it comes up with an error message like the following.

Code: Select all

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/store/admin/Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php on line 35

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/store/admin/Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php on line 35
Do I have to install another module or have I missed something?
Phil
PS. I am an absolute newbie if you haven't guessed already.

Guru Member

Post by virtualgeorge » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:29 am

After uploading I went the admin page and got the server 500 error.

So I looked in the error log and see a problem the .htaccess file

Code: Select all

admin/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
To use php 5 I have to put "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php" in the .htaccess file in the root, do I need to add that line to the .htaccess file in the admin folder as well?

If it was a permissions problem, that would show up in the error log wouldn't it?

thanks
-George

Post by April » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey guys...I tried out this new module and it's a great idea.  But I think I must be doing something wrong because I exported the file but when I imported none of the products, categories or anything show up.  It deleted but did not insert.  Any suggestions?

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:18 am

What version of OpenCart are you using? At the moment, the export-import module has only been tested for version 0.7.7.
Also, what spreadsheet software are you using? MS Excel? Open Office Calc? Version? Have you edited your spreadsheet file before doing the Import back to the OpenCart dabase?

Guru Member

Post by April » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:28 am

I'm all set now..thanks for your help!

as i said in the other post..
[me=April]praises the "hoff" for this e/i module![/me]

Post by microsrvr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:57 am

Got a quick question for you brilliant people.

I've installed the latest version of OpenCart and the latest version of this contribution.
Firstly i under stand the comment "tested only on 0.7.7"

Here is my issue:
"Fatal error: Class 'OLE_PPS' not found in /XXX/public_html/admin/OLE/PPS/File.php on line 32"

found line 32 to be "class OLE_PPS_File extends OLE_PPS" in File.php.

Any help? I've searched all the forums and the net, but haven't seen this error any where.

Thank you in advance.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:19 am

be sure you uploaded those files from the zip file and ensure the folders are set to a readable setting like 755

Administrator

Post by microsrvr » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:09 am

Wow, guess I should have checked the file permissions before... I'll check the file permissions tonight. As to the upload, I’ve uploaded twice and overwritten all files just to ensure I’ve got all the files from the ZIP onto the web server.

I'll update tonight once I’ve checked the permissions.

Well, checked permissions where set 755, changed to read/write/all 777 same effect. Not sure myself. I'm new to Opencart and most CSS, i have some php experience mostly, phpnuke, and e107. Any support would be greatly appericated.

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply.

Chris...
Last edited by microsrvr on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bruce » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:12 am

This contribution relies on the pear libraries.

Check with your hosting provider to ensure that the pear libraries are in the include path so that php can find them.

Post by microsrvr » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:09 pm

Bruce, Qphoria,

Thank you for your help. I might just switch providers at some point.

Here is their answer.

"Posted by Staff Member, on October 4, 2008, 07:43:44
Hello,

No

Thank you,"

Thank you again for your help.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:24 pm

BAHAH! That's priceless. (sorry) Yes please make sure you get a host with the must have basics for an ecommerce shop:
- PHP5
- MYSQL5
- cURL
- PEAR
- Registered Globals = OFF
- ImageMagick = Yes
- GD2 Libraries = Yes
Last edited by Qphoria on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator