This will be included with RC6 and Final assuming all goes well. But I'm pretty confident this is the paypal module we've all been waiting for.New Paypal Extension v079.1
What is this?
This is finally a proper fix for the core paypal module. This module will be included with the final version of 0.7.9. This version finally uses the proper methods, as defined by the Paypal Developer Forum, of payment processing to best ensure successful payment & order processing.
One main problem with the old version was the return click was designed to process the order and IPN was designed to update the order only. But since IPN occured before the return click, there was never an order to update. Now there is a "belt & suspenders" design in place where both the return click AND the IPN callback will both process the order if needed, and update it based on the validation steps. In testing the new version, both IPN and the return executed 100% of the time. This should remove the worry of lost orders.
1. Upload all files, overwriting any existing files.
2. Goto Extensions->Payment->Paypal and reconfigure the Paypal Payment extension
3. Log into your PayPal account
4. Click on 'Profile'
5. Click on 'Website Payment Preferences'
6. Enable Auto Return
7. Set the Auto Return url to your site's callback page: https://my_store/index.php?controller=checkout_process&payment=paypal&method=return&action=callback
8. Enable Payment Data Transfer
9. Click Save
10. On the next screen, Copy and Paste the 'Identity Token' from PayPal into the 'PDT Token' field above.
- PDT/Autoreturn working 100% on the front end (with validation security steps)
- IPN working 100% on the back end
- New security validation using custom fields and paypal handshakes
- New admin config option for displaying itemized cart list on Paypal's site.
- New admin config option for declaring PDT token. This is optional, but helps properly validate the order on the return side.
- New admin config option for choosing authorize only or instant sale
- New admin config option for enabling debug information to write to file for troubleshooting ipn messaging.
- New admin config information about how to set up your paypal account to work with the paypal module
- Allows setting the "final order state" to something other than "Pending", based on the value in the language file.
For now, I've released it as a contrib. This contrib "might" work with older 0.7.x versions with some minor changes (i.e. gethtml -> get, etc)
Please let me know if there are any problems found.