Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 am

Designed for OpenCart 0.7.9
Will NOT work with older versions

This is a proper cleanup and update of the old "Featured/SpecialOffer/Latest" contrib for 0.7.9

This one is more of a "plug-n-play" out of the box.

DESCRIPTION
==========
This contrib simply adds 3 new modules in OpenCart to show:
- Latest Products Added
- Featured Products
- Special Offer Products
on the Home page (can be easily changed to show on all pages)

You can set products to be Featured or Special from the Admin->Catalog->Product->Update page under the "Home" tab.

Download

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Update:

v079.2:
- added missing code for featured/special status save in admin/controller/product.php
- added back "No current products found" under the headers on the homepage if there were none found instead of leaving it just blank.

Download

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:59 am

Update:

v079.3:
- added changes for the updated admin/template/default/content/product.tpl file for the Fckeditor.

Download

Administrator

Post by jamble » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:12 am

Hi,

I installed this and get the following error when I try to edit a product in the admin

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Request::gethtml() in Y:\xampp\htdocs\e-commerce\opencart2\admin\controller\product.php on line 433

Everything else seems to be alright, the modules added and they display on the homepage of my test store but I can't seem to access the product info in the admin. I downloaded the last zip from the downloads section and am running the 0.79 version from svn

Any thoughts on how to solve?

Thanks!

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:05 am

If you updated to 0.7.9 you shouldn't have that error. Unless you overwrote the library/environment/request.php file with an old version. Reupload that file from the 0.7.9 zip.

Also, we just released OpenCart 0.7.9 Final so you might want to upgrade.

Administrator