Post by randomfactor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 pm

You are most welcome!

Randall.

Post by SoCal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 am

Hello Folks , 

I"ve been working on my own patch (it's pretty lame) for a file upload ... but this is much more sophisticated.

Is their a latest patch available that has worked out the bugs mentioned  in the strings above.
I'm afraid to install it .... and have to work out all the issues above.  Too complicated for me.
But maybe the newest version has the bugs worked out.

Are you folks at opencart going to integrate into revised edition. 

socal

Post by randomfactor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:48 am

SoCal wrote: Hello Folks , 

I"ve been working on my own patch (it's pretty lame) for a file upload ... but this is much more sophisticated.

Is their a latest patch available that has worked out the bugs mentioned  in the strings above.
I'm afraid to install it .... and have to work out all the issues above.  Too complicated for me.
But maybe the newest version has the bugs worked out.

Are you folks at opencart going to integrate into revised edition. 

socal
Don't let the long discussion intimidate you.  Maybe I should start a new thread just to avoid that.  ;)

I believe the installation is quite straightforward as long as you start with opencart 0.7.9RC3 and use the latest patch release of file_upload: http://home.comcast.net/~randomfactor/f ... 081019.zip.

Try to follow the included instructions.  If you get stuck, I'll help you.

It will probably be a long, long time before file_upload is borg'd into opencart proper.

Randall.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:10 am

Please upload contribs to the opencart contribpage

Administrator

Post by randomfactor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:18 am

Done!  http://www.opencart.com/contribution/in ... tion_id/73

Thanks (to whomever) for increasing the maximum upload size.

Randall.

Post by SoCal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:36 am

Thanks RandomFactor , I'll follow up on this soon. But first I have to work out some basic bugs on my cart.

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:36 pm

I have confirmed that this contrib causes a validation error in RC5. RC5 worked fine until installing this, which is unfortunate since I need this for my site. See http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/top ... l#msg12525

Post by randomfactor » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:08 am

Thank you for the error report.

I will examine compatibility issues with the latest opencart version (0.7.9 RC4, right?).

Post by Qphoria » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:14 am

randomfactor wrote: Thank you for the error report.

I will examine compatibility issues with the latest opencart version (0.7.9 RC4, right?).
RC5 is the latest. From what I could see, the locator.php edit from this post is the only change.

Administrator

Post by vienna » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:26 pm

After installing product option enhancement for opencart I tried to insert a new product option extension entry everything was working fine .when I tried to save the changes it showed an error:

Error: Could not create validate!

So I couldn't go on. How to fix it? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 pm

that is a 079rc5 compatible mod. earlier versions foot have the validate class.
upgrade your cart to the latest in my signature

Administrator

Post by Protosis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 am

Hey, I love the potential of this addon but haven't been able to get it to work.  I can access everything and export the categories but when I try and import the file I get this error:

Warning: file(SET AUTOCOMMIT=0; START TRANSACTION; DELETE FROM `product_to_image`; ) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/n/a/i/nailazaheer/html/library/database/database.php on line 137
Error: Duplicate entry '1-2' for key 1
Error No: 1062
INSERT INTO `product_to_image` (`product_id`, `image_id`) VALUES (1,2), (1,3), (1,4), (2,1), (2,3) ;

I'm running Apache.

Post by randomfactor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 am

Weird error!  And what version of OpenCart did you install?
Protosis wrote: Warning: file(SET AUTOCOMMIT=0; START TRANSACTION; DELETE FROM `product_to_image`; ) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/n/a/i/nailazaheer/html/library/database/database.php on line 137
  [...]

Post by Protosis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:39 am

I'm running:

PHP Version:  5.2.8
DB Version: MySQL 5.0.67-log
OpenCart:        0.7.9
Import/Export:  opencart-0-7-9-export-import-en-es-de

Post by Protosis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Ah well, I loaded up PhpAdmin and have been exporting the data through it and re-uploading. It works though a bit trickier than your nice interface. :)

Post by randomfactor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:27 pm

I will take some time this weekend to see if I can duplicate the error.  Sorry for the delay.

Post by randomfactor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:35 pm

Just to make sure that I properly understand your environment, you are trying to use the File Upload contribution along with the Import / Export contribution, right?  It would save me some time if you can provide a list of any other contributions you've installed as well.

Thanks.

Post by Protosis » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:13 am

randomfactor wrote: Just to make sure that I properly understand your environment, you are trying to use the File Upload contribution along with the Import / Export contribution, right?  It would save me some time if you can provide a list of any other contributions you've installed as well.

Thanks.
Yea, it happens when I try to use the upload feature.

In terms of contributions the only thing I've added was Dynamic Relevant Subcategories.

Everything else had been modified by myself aesthetically except the admin directory.

I tried the built in mysql backup and it seems to work fine.
Last edited by Protosis on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.