Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:48 am

Ok. using the latest version with 0.7.9 RC2

1. Still getting that error... Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /library/application/router.php on line 74. Maybe it goes away after running the generator but still should probably be handled better.

2. The new router is missing the fix for the 0.7.8 &amp thing in the url. So I am seeing the old bug with:
www .mysite.com/admin/index.php?controller=extension&type=payment
I replaced with the new menu from 0.7.9 and it went away. 

3. Trying to run the generator gives undefined HOSTING_DIR. This was probably something you added for 0.7.8 since it didn't exist. Replaced with HTTP_CATALOG for 0.7.9. To be dynamic, would probably be better to take something that you do already have like
define('DIR_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', 'xxxx/catalog/template/');
and string manipulate the line to remove the "template/" part to get the path and it will work with 0.7.8 and 0.7.9

4. Categories like "Baskets & Balls" turn into "baskets-andamp-balls". Probably don't need the "amp" in the string.

5. You added the SEO tab to the settings and included your own settings page, but the settings page is part of the core and changes very often as we add new features and will constantly clash with this. I HIGHLY recommend you create a separate SEO page for this.

Contribs should always be self-contained whenever possible. This is already a problem with the admin menu file you included as well. But that is a limitation of the current OpenCart implementation of the menus, which is why I am trying to get the db-based admin menu integrated in the core at some future date, so we can be rid of the file-based menu that gets overwritten with each new mod, and get the dynamic one in place.

6. The googleverify code needs to either be a meta tag or an html file. It seems that you are trying to use the metatag version. But you are just echoing the actual value, not surrounding html for metatags. In the layout.tpl, you should have:
" />

7. the new library/application/router.php file breaks the Authorize.net module, which uses a similar return method as the paypal module (haven't tested that one) so I'm not sure what else it breaks. When the call back occurs with the original router.php file it goes to checkout_process.... then checkout_success. But when I have your router.php file, it goes to checkout_process, then gets that "Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /library/... blah blah" error from number 1 above. The order never processes and the item is still in the cart. When I revert back to the original one, it works properly. Oddly, nothing else breaks when I use the original router.php. What are the changes in this file for ?

-EDIT- I see this is based on 0.7.8's router.php file. The router file has changed a lot for 0.7.9 so this appears to be limited to 0.7.8 only. But on the plus side the default router.php file in 0.7.9 doesn't seem to break anything.
Last edited by Qphoria on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:59 am

8. Also the contact us page doesn't seem to be generating a contact-us.html.  I see in the code that you do have a special function just for this. I have english only on my site and it doesn't seem to change it.

9. SharedSSL doesn't seem to work:
http://www.mysite.com/cart.html <- fine
https://www.hostshared.com/~mysite/cart.html <- not found
Last edited by Qphoria on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by jty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Qphoria wrote: 8. Also the contact us page doesn't seem to be generating a contact-us.html.
I'm getting a contact page but it's contact (no extension) not contact.html
I changed generate_url_alias to have HTTP_CATALOG instead of HOSTING_DIR
Also kept the original router.php from 0.7.9 RC2

Code: Select all

4. Categories like "Baskets & Balls" turn into "baskets-andamp-balls"
Got the same.

It seems to be working but I do have something strange going on with search. It's not searching correctly somehow that I have not yet worked out.

It's looking good but I need to do more testing.

jty

Post by bruce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Catalog search will break with url aliasing turned on because the get parameter it needs... disappears from the post action in the template.

The following is the change to the top of catalog\controller\search.php that I made to fix my build. Surrounding code is shown for positioning. Even if it is not syntactically perfect for the version of opencart you are using, it should at least be a step in the right direction. I do not think I made any changes to the template.

class ControllerSearch extends Controller
{
	function index()
	{
		//
		//  Changed processing of search pages because the get parameter 'page' was lost when URL aliasing is turned on.
		//
		$request  =& $this->locator->get('request');
		if ($request->isPost())
		{
			$this->page(); // redirects back to the index function of this controller.
		}

$config   =& $this->locator->get('config');
		$currency =& $this->locator->get('currency');
		$customer =& $this->locator->get('customer');
		$database =& $this->locator->get('database');
		$language =& $this->locator->get('language');
		$image    =& $this->locator->get('image');
		$module   =& $this->locator->get('module');
		$response =& $this->locator->get('response');
		$session  =& $this->locator->get('session');
		$tax      =& $this->locator->get('tax');
		$template =& $this->locator->get('template');
		$url      =& $this->locator->get('url');

$language->load('controller/search.php');
cheers

Bruce

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:35 pm

jty wrote:

4. Categories like "Baskets & Balls" turn into "baskets-andamp-balls"
Got the same.
This was easily fixed by adding

$value = str_replace('&amp', 'and', $value);
directly above:

$value = str_replace('&', 'and', $value);
and adding:

$alias = str_replace('&amp', 'and', $alias);
directly above:

$alias = str_replace('&', 'and', $alias);

(Note the semicolon is missing from the "&" because semicolon is already addressed in it's own code check)

Administrator

Post by jty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:30 pm

jty wrote:
Qphoria wrote: 8. Also the contact us page doesn't seem to be generating a contact-us.html.
I'm getting a contact page but it's contact (no extension) not contact.html
No, I'm not. I'm not getting the contact-us.html page. I was lying  :-X
But it works on the front-end. Something is giving me a contact page that looks like www.mysite.com/contact

I also noted that I didn't need to do anything with the .htaccess file. I'm using the standard 0.7.9 RC2 one. It works on my xampp install so I am not complaining.

Bruce, that search code done the trick. Thanks
Q, thanks for the tip on changing the ampersand

jty

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 pm

jty wrote: No, I'm not. I'm not getting the contact-us.html page. I was lying  :-X
But it works on the front-end. Something is giving me a contact page that looks like www.mysite.com/contact
Same
jty wrote: I also noted that I didn't need to do anything with the .htaccess file. I'm using the standard 0.7.9 RC2 one. It works on my xampp install so I am not complaining.

The new htaccess just had support for RewriteBase in case you were using a site like mydomain.com/store/index.php. The rest of it was unchanged. Now that RewriteBase has been added to RC2 if needed anyway.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:26 am

Got 2 warnings based on my sitemap from google:
The first one kinda makes sense for pages like checkout-success.html, which will redirect you to the login screen.
Details - URLs not followed
When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs were not accessible to Googlebot because they contained too many redirects. Please change the URLs in your Sitemap that redirect and replace them with the destination URL (the redirect target). All valid URLs will still be submitted.
HTTP Error: URL:http://www.mysite.com/checkout-success.html
Oct 16, 2008
Not sure how to handle the second one. Which links should have higher priorities? the main page? the product pages? and set the checkout pages and stuff to be lower?
Details - All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.
All the URLs in your Sitemap are set to the same priority (not the default priority). Priority indicates the importance of a particular URL relative to other URLs on your site, and doesn't impact your site's performance in search results. If all URLs have the same priority, Google can't tell which are more important.
Oct 16, 2008
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by jty » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 pm

When URL Alias is turned on, Search does not search. Returns no results.
See Bruce's post at http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,1989.30.html
Ask Bruce. Bruce knows everything  :P

jty

Post by bruce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Kind, but far from true.

There are a lot of smart people coding for opencart and posting on the forums.

Post by hm2k » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 pm

I assume you mean this exist post: http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/top ... ml#msg9967

I'm not going to open an issue tracker just yet, because I tested a live RC3, and the search appears to work fine.
What steps will reproduce the problem?

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

bruce wrote: There are a lot of smart people coding for opencart.
What?! Where?! LIES! :P

Administrator

Post by bruce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 pm

It only occurs when SEO is on.

Post by hm2k » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Then surly the bug is with the SEO mod?

I propose a merge with the SEO mod thread. Anyone second?

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Actually I don't have that problem on my live site with the SEO contrib. But I've also made some significant bug fixes and modifications on my version
- Moved SEO to its own page (instead of the settings tab)
- Added &amp as one of the replace options to avoid "balls-andamp-baskets.html"
- Reverted to default 0.7.9 library/application/router.php file
- fixed the HOSTING_DIR to HTTP_CATALOG

Oddly, tho, I did NOT apply bruce's search fix.
But you can see it working: http://www.zengadgets.com

Administrator

Post by bruce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:43 pm

You could consider this a bug from the url alias generation.

$this->_insert_url_alias('controller=search&action=page', 'search.html');
The symptoms are as follows.

html snippets from search page...
SEO on has

<form action="http://localhost/opencartdev/search.html" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
SEO off has

<form action="http://localhost/opencartdev/index.php?controller=search&action=page" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
As you can see, with SEO off, the form post also presents a get parameter that causes the page function of search.php to be called but with SEO on, the page function is not called.

My "fix" eliminates the problem and keeps a nice clean url.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:57 pm

You da man!.

So then, if we can agree that this is an SEO Contrib bug, and not an OpenCart bug, we will merge this thread with the SEO thread

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:09 am

Ok. This has been merged from the bug reports area to this contrib. See bruce's post for the fix.

Administrator

Post by mikeytrw » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Hey guys,

Just to give you a sum up of my experiences with this contrib and fixes :

All of these points have been mentioned in this thread, but this is a summary...

Installed on fresh 0.7.9-RC3 install.

1)  menu.php was getting & in urls for the extension menu, sorted by changing $url->ssl to $url->rawssl in menu.php and re-uploading.
2)  Search was causing the undefined index in router.php line 74, sorted by replacing the router.php with the one from 0.7.9-RC3.
3)  Search get parameter fix sorted with code from bruce.

Thanks guys

Post by fido-x » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:18 pm

A localization pack is now available for use with this package. Currently, the only language supported is English, but you can create your own language files to suit. This is not a replacement for David's SEO package, merely an enhancement.

Available from http://www.opencart.com/contribution/do ... ion_id/146

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia