Post by TAC » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:12 am

I am probably being dumb but I can't see the options you mention in FileZilla (see my screen shots to see what I can see).

The admin/view/template/common/header.tpl file exists in my download of OC 1.5.6 and it is full of text but once uploaded it is empty.

The export.tpl file is in its rightful place at least. I was sooo hoping a fresh install would be trouble free :)

TAC

Location - England

Post by butte » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 am

It's worth diddybopping on over right about now to http://www.mhccorp.com/export-import-tool for a FRESH KNOWN GOOD download of the tool versions FOR your own prior, and 1.5.5.1, and 1.5.6.0 OC.

Ditto 1.5.6.0 at its own address.

The headings across the top are clickable, they unfurl menus, UNDER File Manager's tabs General / Advanced / Transfer Settings / Charset. There is a master setting for Preferences over on the left under one of the tabs across the program's top. The settings are in those.

To bring them onto this page: Under Advanced and Transfer Settings as well as in Preferences you'll find auto/ascii/binary, choose auto; you'll find auto/passive/active, choose auto; you'll find max limits, allow ten.

Guru Member

Post by butte » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:25 am

Possible permissions problem, see http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 67#p443867 . . .

Guru Member

Post by TAC » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 am

I downloaded the 1.5.6 version from http://www.mhccorp.com/export-import-tool today. Could it make a difference if I do it again?

I was looking at the FileZilla window not the menu at the top of the screen - oops :-[

Everything is set to auto and max limit is 10. I deleted the file online and re uploaded the one from 1.5.6 and still get blank but the file is called header 2.tpl is that a clue? See attached

Attachments

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 17.37.15.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 17.37.15.png (188.76 KiB) Viewed 9018 times

TAC

Location - England

Post by butte » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:54 am

First retry the OC file as you did (see other thread at the moment, may not need to redo the tool).

Since you now have admin/view/template/common/header.tpl from OC, you probably related it, above, to the tool instead while distracted by the post box. You seem to have the proper tool export.tpl, and the proper OC header.tpl in place now.

Guru Member

Post by TAC » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:07 am

When I open the admin/view/template/common/header.tpl file in my downloaded version of 1.5.6 looks like this:
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 18.45.37.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 18.45.37.png (293.47 KiB) Viewed 8993 times

When I upload I am asked to overwrite it:
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 18.46.47.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 18.46.47.png (88.04 KiB) Viewed 8993 times

And when I open the file online I get:
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 18.47.03.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 18.47.03.png (39.9 KiB) Viewed 8993 times

So I assume there is nothing wrong with the file I am uploading but something gets lost in translation?

Would it be quicker to try and work out why the vQmod method didn't work?

TAC

Location - England

Post by TAC » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 am

While this issue is going on I started to change my theme spreadsheet. When I upload it, and ask it to overwrite the existing file, funnily enough it does not alter anything. The original is still in operation.....

Something is wrong in my FileZilla still? :(

TAC

Location - England

Post by butte » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:36 am

First try to fire it up using that file. The blank could well arise if the ftp client does not know what editor to use.

Guru Member

Post by butte » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:37 am

Both threads, try firing it up, blank file may owe to ftp client not knowing what editor to use, file will appear unchanged after new upload when timestamps are preserved.

Guru Member

Post by Runes » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks, Jürgen, once more for developing this tool for the 1.5.6.
I could not find a thread on this version, so I post here in the newest, 1.5.5....

The application has worked well, but I ran into a problem yesterday, and I do not know if it's related to the import/export tool or not. Anyway: Here are the symptoms:

Uploaded Excel- file with added products. Products show up at the admin products- panel, but not at the shop. Why?

Try to download the product- list and recieved a file that was unreadable, format incorrect.Why?

I get these Error- messages:

2013-10-05 22:16:53 - PHP Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in /home/54/w189558/rseuroford/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/CachedObjectStorage/CacheBase.php on line 155
2013-10-05 22:16:53 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/54/w189558/rseuroford/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/CachedObjectStorage/CacheBase.php:155) in /home/54/w189558/rseuroford/admin/model/tool/export.php on line 49
2013-10-05 22:16:53 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/54/w189558/rseuroford/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/CachedObjectStorage/CacheBase.php:155) in /home/54/w189558/rseuroford/admin/model/tool/export.php on line 50

I'm now at 1000 products and have 128 kB memory, and this might be part of the reason?

I first thought there was something wrong in the uploaded excel- file, and there still might be, but after changing formats in the cells it was uploaded succesfully. But again, the products are not visible in the shop. If you search the product- names, they are not found. Even if they're in the catalogue/ products on the admin- page....

Any clues?

Thank you....

Post by HankMcSpank » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello,

I'm running 1.5.6 & seeing this error when I try to export...

"Class 'PHPExcel_Shared_String' not found"

...I keep staring at it, but after staring at this line for 3.3hrs, I haven't a clue what it means (or more importantly how to solve it), please help because I can't stare at the screen any longer

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 pm

HankMcSpank wrote:Hello,

I'm running 1.5.6 & seeing this error when I try to export...

...I keep staring at it, but after staring at this line for 3.3hrs, I haven't a clue what it means (or more importantly how to solve it), please help because I can't stare at the screen any longer
Have you uploadee all of the system/PHPExcel files? Have you checked your system/logs/error.txt, or your server's errror_log?

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Google Rich Snippets * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Runes wrote: Any clues?

Thank you....
Sorry, no, your problem description is so vague, I am not able to reproduce your problem.
The obvious solution would be to drastically increase your PHP setting for the memory_limit.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Google Rich Snippets * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by butte » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:34 am

Runes, HankMcSpank, reset php high, http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60#p441201 (same thread but above on prior page).

Guru Member

Post by Runes » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:39 am

Thank you, Butte.
butte wrote: reset php high
I'm not sure what you mean?

Can I set the memory limit in the OC php- files? Or is this something my webhoster need to set? (I worked on this a year ago or so, but do not remember....)

Regards
RS

Post by butte » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:18 am

The four values given for resetting php at http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60#p441201 (same thread but above on prior page)" are all high: 300 for timeout, 512M for memory, 999M for post max, 998M for upload max.

You may be able to reset those inside your host control panel under php settings. If you can do that, then also turn off both OC php.ini files. If you cannot make account changes, then make the changes in your php.ini file(s). If the server honors those files, then it will honor probably most of the settings in the file(s) even if they are bad directives. (Whenever you see 500 thrown, everything stops; initial files of your own to check include .htaccess and php.ini files, glitches in them can confuse the server, =500, full dead system stop.) If you cannot do any of that, then you are stuck.

For seeing whatchagot before and after changes, you can use the tiny one-line utility phpinfo.php (here: http://forum.opencart.com/download/file.php?id=18153). Upload it into OC or your admin (or your account, public) and address it there in the browser. It will show php version and settings that are in effect. It gives safe information safely, it does not disclose anything hazardous, it is a standard tool. You can confirm that global variables and magic quotes are both OFF.
Last edited by butte on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guru Member

Post by HankMcSpank » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:54 am

butte wrote:Runes, HankMcSpank, reset php high, http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60#p441201 (same thread but above on prior page).
Thanks.....are you saying the error I'm seeing .....
is a resource type error? (because the error to my woefully inexperienced eye, suggests it's more a missing variable or path.

I managed to do the thing to view the php config as per your suggestion....
For seeing whatchagot before and after changes, you can use the tiny one-line utility phpinfo.php (here: download/file.php?id=18153). Upload it into OC or your admin (or your account, public) and address it there in the browser. It will show php version and settings that are in effect. It gives safe informationa safetly, it does not disclose anything hazardous, it is a standard tool. You can confirm that global variables and magic quotes are both OFF.
my oh my, I'm outta my depth here ...with the returned results, I may as well be skimming the hubble space telescope service manual for the amount I understood! (& I had no idea this would get so involved so quickly - I only want to export 50 products from my opencart website, but when I look at all the php config....well, I hear voices, they tell me things)

Post by butte » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:30 am

(1) The "PHPExcel" snippet points to a probable shortfall in php settings to support the tool -- the type of error doesn't matter, what matters is that the tool was thwarted, one way or another php undercut the Excel tool, "PHPExcel" cuts to the chase. (2) The php settings can all be reviewed with phpinfo.php and there are particularly four values to raise enough to support the tool. There was no plain hint that additionally the server had neglected to install the php library modules such as for compression, or had bungled the most basic settings such as safe mode (to on rather than off as it belongs), as you'll see somewhere well above.

Hubble doesn't do well at short distances. The things, well, are why you make backups of files before touching them. You'll need to look inside php.ini yourself (not config.php), and you probably have two of them.

Guru Member

Post by HankMcSpank » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 am

Edit: Actually, by shear luck I edited my php.ini files in httpdoc *and* /admin ...they memory_limit values were actually set to just 64M...upped them to 512MB & now when I export the error has gone & a spreadsheet is created...yay. - so you were correct, that whacky error message meant I had to up the memory_limit in my two php.ini files (many thanks....I'd have never got to the bottom of that one!)....and many thanks for creating the extension :-)
Last edited by HankMcSpank on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by butte » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:39 am

You can do this thing . . .

JNeuhoff's free Export/Import (Excel) tool works smoothly and well when four php values are amply high enough to support it. Then the tool is not a headache or an adventure, it becomes what it is, a tool for greatly expediting the tasks of adding, amending, and deleting category and product entries and their details.

The server's own master php.ini file is on the order of 1,900 to 2,000 lines long (including some 1,155 commented lines of switchable options and terse instructions, plus several dozen more blank lines), the meat of it is not short. Your pair of them in your OC root and in /admin/, are rather shorter than that, and they have effect only if the server honors them, as many servers do. Fix these four lines, at the top or the bottom is good enough, just ";" comment silent any counterparts elsewhere in the file. Remember: post exceeds upload. Each of these goes on its own line ending in no ; just ending in a hard return.

max_execution_time = 300
memory_limit = 256M ;[or even 512M]
post_max_size = 999M
upload_max_filesize = 998M
Last edited by butte on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Guru Member