Community Forums

[Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post!)

Free Extensions (Modules, Payments, Shipping, Order Totals, Feeds) can be contributed here.

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby SuperJuice » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:04 am

scrapper wrote:I have had this shipping module installed as part of a new estore using open cart designed by an Indian firm. It would seem ideal as we are based in Australia. Unfortunately, the rates we are showing for Australia Post shipping in our cart do not reflect the current rates of Australia Post. For example, for 0.03 kg item, our cart gives the options of:
Aust Post Pre-paid Satchel $6.30 Aust Post charge $8.74
Aust Post Express Pre paid satchel $8.80 Aust Post charge $11.92
Aust Post Post Express Platinum Pre Paid satchel $12.80 Aust Post charge $18.99
I would really like to use this module if I can get it to display the correct rates. I have been back and forth to the web site designer without any resolution. Any help greatly appreciated.


What version of Opencart are you using? and what version of the module? If you are using an old version of the module the pricing schedule will be incorrect because it is hard coded (not live) data.

The price list comes from the Australia Post pricing schedules (for satchels) that is on their website. There is a table in the module for these prices and it is extremely easy to edit/modify to update for newer prices.

I am unsure why you are getting the prices that you are getting however??

The code looks like this in the current version

Code: Select all
                //Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
                $satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0),
                                 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                                 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));


Do you have the option set to strip GST? Is AUD your primary currency? are you doing currency conversion?

I also don't understand where you are getting your correct chargers for what 'Aust Post' charge because that definitely doesn't line up with what is on their site for pre-paid satchels.

Where do you get the Platinum price of 18.99 from I don't follow what that is referring to because that price isn't on their website:
http://auspost.com.au/personal/express- ... rcels.html
SuperJuice
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby scrapper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:46 am

Hi Superjuice,

I really appreciate you answering my post and thank you for your advice.

In reply to your questions, my Web Site is based on OpenCart version v1.4.9.x. and is not using the lastest version of the Australia Post Extension. I understand from earlier posts the latest version (Australia Post module 1.5.1.1u2) overcomes problems caused by others migrating it to Open Cart.

My web designer has told me the latest extension is not compatible with Open Cart v1.4.9.x. and that as my site is designed & developed based on custom concepts (not maintaining OpenCart's original structure everywhere) that upgrading from OpenCart version v1.4.9.4 means 75% rework on existing codes & designs (and a hefty bill to do so). But I have been told from another source that it is possible to modify module 1.5.1.1u2 so that it will work on OpenCart1.4.9.

With regard to the pricing I quoted, this is from Austalia Post at
http://shop.auspost.com.au/shop/express ... xpresspost
(except 5 kg satchel $18.99 which is only available to account holders).

Like you, I have no idea why I am getting these prices and have assumed it is a compatibility issue – my web designer has been unable to shed much light on the matter.

You provided code but I am unsure what to do with this as I am not a programmer. I have sent your post to the site designer and am awaiting his response. I am also unsure what you mean by stripping GST and yes, AUD is our primary currency. We are not doing currency conversion.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your reply – the past few weeks have been very depressing trying to get our site up and running having had to close our bricks and mortar store after 9 years.
scrapper
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:16 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby SuperJuice » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:20 am

You basically need to swap that code in place of the existing code in

/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php

It's trivial, and I would be concerned if someone you are paying money to for coding services was not able to resolve it extremely quickly (matter of minutes).

The reason you need to swap it is that your site appears to be using the old pricing schedules which were updated by Australia Post in 2011, nothing else functionally needs to change in the module and it won't impact your site any further than the price changes for satchels.

As for the satchel price link that you gave me, it's wrong to base your pricing off this site. This site provides pricing for bulk purchase of satchels. The module bases pricing based on the Australia Post retail price for satchels.

As a customer I would expect to pay the retail price for the satchel, any quantity discount you receive from buying in bulk is really irrelevant to the customer. Additionally, the quantity discount can change depending on how large the quantity is that you purchase.

Also you have quoted larger satchels that necessary. An item that weighs 0.03kg (from your example) can be shipped in a 500g satchel, you have quoted the 3kg satchel pricing which is incorrect.

500g Express Post Satchel 10 Pack = $87.40 which is $8.74 a unit
500g Express Post Platinum Satchel 10 pack = $127.30 which is $12.73 a unit
SuperJuice
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby scrapper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:01 am

Thank you so much Superjuice. You have no idea how relieved we are at getting this resolved and so quickly via this forum. My thanks go to everyone involved – keep up the good, no, great work.

My web designer made the changes to the code as you specified and the extension appears to be working properly. I will run a few more test sales to verify after I have had a break.

With regard to the satchel price link, etc, you are correct in your comments. My lovely wife has been looking after the Australia Post/shipping side of our business for many years and I think the stress of the past few weeks affected her memory/judgement. I will let her know when she returns on Sunday.

It is heartening to get such excellent support for a free product and like a previous post, would love to make a donation – perhaps not monetary as you declined earlier – what about some Tim Tams!
scrapper
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:16 am

APO Shipping Module estimates on product page not working

Postby Marne Jakins » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey SuperJuice, I have just installed this on a 1.4.9.6 version using the opencart1491u4.auspost.zip all owner/group's are correct permissions too, but I am unable to see the estimates on the product page, we have curl installed and operational, everything enabled, anything else i may be missing please?, check out is working fine and all other shipping is disabled.
Marne Jakins
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: APO Shipping Module estimates on product page not workin

Postby SuperJuice » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:27 am

Marne Jakins wrote:Hey SuperJuice, I have just installed this on a 1.4.9.6 version using the opencart1491u4.auspost.zip all owner/group's are correct permissions too, but I am unable to see the estimates on the product page, we have curl installed and operational, everything enabled, anything else i may be missing please?, check out is working fine and all other shipping is disabled.


Hi Marne,

The postage estimate doesn't display on the product page with this module. The option "display shipping estimate" displays it at the checkout stage next to the price.. something along the lines of (est. 2 days delivery).

I haven't looked into the pricing estimate on the product page module requirements. If anyone has this working with the Australia Post module (modification change / hack) let me know!

Sorry for the confusion!
SuperJuice
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby greenfrog3 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 am

Hi Superjuice,
I loaded your latest download to use on opencart Version 1.5.1.3. It appeared to install fine. When I tried to go through the checkout to test, I could not get any further than entering postage address details. Checkout would not go any further than that. I then disabled the Australia post module. Once I did that checkout proceeded as normal. I would really like to use the Australia post module and hope you can assist me. Thanks
greenfrog3
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby gocreative » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:16 pm

greenfrog3 wrote:Hi Superjuice,
I loaded your latest download to use on opencart Version 1.5.1.3. It appeared to install fine. When I tried to go through the checkout to test, I could not get any further than entering postage address details. Checkout would not go any further than that. I then disabled the Australia post module. Once I did that checkout proceeded as normal. I would really like to use the Australia post module and hope you can assist me. Thanks

You might need to provide a bit of extra detail for SuperJuice. For example, when you say that checkout 'would not go any further', was there an error? Did clicking 'Continue' at the bottom of the checkout page do nothing? Was Australia Post listed as a shipping method and with the appropriate price? Have you made any modifications to the checkout pages?
User avatar
gocreative
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby MrBenG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:08 am

gocreative wrote:
greenfrog3 wrote:Hi Superjuice,
I loaded your latest download to use on opencart Version 1.5.1.3. It appeared to install fine. When I tried to go through the checkout to test, I could not get any further than entering postage address details. Checkout would not go any further than that. I then disabled the Australia post module. Once I did that checkout proceeded as normal. I would really like to use the Australia post module and hope you can assist me. Thanks

You might need to provide a bit of extra detail for SuperJuice. For example, when you say that checkout 'would not go any further', was there an error? Did clicking 'Continue' at the bottom of the checkout page do nothing? Was Australia Post listed as a shipping method and with the appropriate price? Have you made any modifications to the checkout pages?



Hi, I know what greenfrog3 is talking about, I'm having the same issue. When you try to checkout, you can add name and shipping address without a problem, but when you click continue, the shipping section comes up empty except for the warning: "No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!", so you cannot go any further. Any ideas on how to fix this issue??
opencart version: 1.5.1.3
mod version: opencart1511u2

Cheers
MrBenG
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:56 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby greenfrog3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 am

Hi, Thank you for your prompt response. Once the delivery details were entered I clicked the continue button, then nothing. No message appeared for me. I could not go any further. It was as if the continue button at that point was inactive? Hope that it a better explanation. I look forward to hearing from you.
greenfrog3
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby Ozfarmer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:43 am

Sorry to sound like a broken record Superjuice but the split shipping things not going to happen any time soon?
Ozfarmer
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby SuperJuice » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:32 am

greenfrog3 wrote:Hi, Thank you for your prompt response. Once the delivery details were entered I clicked the continue button, then nothing. No message appeared for me. I could not go any further. It was as if the continue button at that point was inactive? Hope that it a better explanation. I look forward to hearing from you.


This to me sounds like there is an issue contacting the Australia Post server to calculate the postage, ask your host if they have any firewall restrictions on outbound connections, also confirm that curl is installed as part of your PHP installation.

Have you had the Australia Post module working on a different version of OpenCart on the same server before?

Another way to validate this is to only enable prepaid satchels and disable other Australia Post shipping methods. If this works correctly, it means that the module is working, it is just having trouble contacting Australia post for live shipping estimates.

If all that fails, have a look in your php error log as there is likely an error being thrown.
Last edited by SuperJuice on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperJuice
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby SuperJuice » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:35 am

Ozfarmer wrote:Sorry to sound like a broken record Superjuice but the split shipping things not going to happen any time soon?


Not sure about anytime soon sorry, I do want to add it but finding the time is the issue. Sorry I can't be more accurate than that :(
SuperJuice
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby Ozfarmer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 am

What if you do it as a paid mod? I think a lot of us would be interested in it?
Ozfarmer
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby Archersbay » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 am

I have got a problem with my Aus post Extension, as a customer cheques out this is what message comes up,

Australia Post : The site owner's subscription to our service has expired. This quote is currently unavailable. Please contact the store owner for shipping costs. ( 1 Days Estimated Delivery. )

Is there an error or am i to subscrib as i can not find any where for me to do so?

The Extension has been working for sum time now with no problem at all.

OpenCart © 2009-2012 All Rights Reserved.
Version 1.5.1

OzPost MultiQuote V1.0.5
Archersbay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby Ozfarmer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 am

Sorry Mate, you have a different extension, you have the "Ozpost" one not the "Austpost mod". The Ozpost extension is only free for a while. If you want to use the Ozpost extension you will have to go to
http://shop.vcsweb.com/index.php?main_p ... cts_id=207 and pay for it.

Hope this helps.
Ozfarmer
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby Archersbay » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Thank you mate i have installed to Australia Post Ext and have disabled the Ozpost MultiQuote,
Can you tell me will this get its pricing direct from Australia post or will i need to update to receive the correct pricing?

Thank you
Archersbay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby gocreative » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Archersbay wrote:Thank you mate i have installed to Australia Post Ext and have disabled the Ozpost MultiQuote,
Can you tell me will this get its pricing direct from Australia post or will i need to update to receive the correct pricing?

Thank you

Prices are up to date at the time of module release. Any changes since then will need to be manually updated (which can be done in one of the controller files, I believe), unless another module update is released of course.
User avatar
gocreative
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby Archersbay » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:27 am

Ok I'm having problems,
When i get to the "Delivery Details" Tab on the checkout page.
I tap on continue and the wheel comes up but it will not proceed.
I got frustrated and taped it 4-5 times and then it let me go to the next Tab "Delivery Method"
and got a message in pink, No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!
This is funny as i offer Auspost and pickup and neither came up.
Archersbay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 am

Re: [Released] Australia Post Shipping Module (Read 1st post

Postby gocreative » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 am

Archersbay wrote:Ok I'm having problems,
When i get to the "Delivery Details" Tab on the checkout page.
I tap on continue and the wheel comes up but it will not proceed.
I got frustrated and taped it 4-5 times and then it let me go to the next Tab "Delivery Method"
and got a message in pink, No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!
This is funny as i offer Auspost and pickup and neither came up.

Do the products have all the relevant details, such as weight and dimensions? Are both of the shipping methods configured correctly?
User avatar
gocreative
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Extensions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Hosted by Arvixe Web Hosting