Post by Archersbay » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:51 am

Yes i do believe it is all correct, But sum think is a mis,
I have found that if i go to the shopping Cart page and go to the Get a Quote it will calculate the post for Standard and Express and give Est Days to delivery and will give the option for Pickup in store But when you get to the checkout the sam as above happens?
Very confusing that it will work correctly in one place but not in the other.

Thank you for all you help is greatly appreciated.

Post by Sabinator » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:51 am

Hey there im using the latest version of opencart (Version 1.5.1.3) and i've installed the Auspost module im currently in the middle of customising my template, but i have left all the default products that come with opencart for the moment but when i click on get a quote for the shipping nothing happens the loading thingy goes for a second and nothing happens can you please point me in the right direction?

Post by philbydevil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

I don't think the default products have weights, so that might be it (and if you haven't enabled "show aust post errors" in the module then that could be why nothing shows).

Try adding a weight to a product and/or enable show errors in the auspost module (admin).

And you might need to change the quantity of the products from 0.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by philbydevil » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Just been tinkering a little as I offer express satchels for items that are under 10kg (9.9kg actually). I use combinations of the 3kg and 5kg satchels and this wasn't available in the original code. Nice and easy to change in catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php:

FIND:

Code: Select all

private function getAuspostSatchel($service, $weight) {
		//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
      		$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0),
                       		 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                       		 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));

//Default to return 0
		$satch_quote = 0;

if($weight <= 500) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][0];}
		if(($weight > 500) && ($weight <= 3000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][1];}
		if(($weight > 3000) && ($weight <=5000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][2];}
CHANGE TO:

//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
      		$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0, 3 => 0, 4 => 0, 5 => 0),
                       		 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85, 3 => 25.10, 4 => 33.40, 5 => 41.70),
                       		 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0, 3 => 0, 4 => 0, 5 => 0));

//Default to return 0
		$satch_quote = 0;

if(($weight > 500) && ($weight <= 3000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][1];}
		if(($weight > 3000) && ($weight <=5000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][2];}
		if(($weight > 5000) && ($weight <=6000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][3];}
		if(($weight > 6000) && ($weight <=8000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][4];}
		if(($weight > 8000) && ($weight <=9900)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][5];}

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by mitchellvan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 am

Hi to anyone that can help.

I have built an online store that sends 6 bottle cartons of wine which weigh in around 8.5kgs. I'm currently testing the Aus Post Shipping module and I'm running into some major problems.

To begin with, if I put in the dimensions and the weight of the carton and purchase one product the quote is perfect. But then, if I try to purchase another item the price is wrong. Basically if I am purchasing 2 cartons of wine the price should be exactly double the price to send one carton, but this does not happen.

Then, if I try and purchase 3 cartons of wine I get the error Your basket is too heavy to ship with Australia Post (20kg+).

This is absolutely killing me as the client needs the shipping to be correct with Aus Post.

Anyone know what I should do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Post by mitchellvan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:31 pm

p.s. using opencart version 1.5.1.3

Post by philbydevil » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Currently, this module doesn't split the order like you want it to. Once the cart goes over 20kg, that's it, no Australia Post calculation.

There might be another module out there that will do what you want though....

Per Item shipping (in the default install of OC) is almost it, but it doesn't take into consideration the customer's address.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:24 pm

philbydevil wrote:Just been tinkering a little as I offer express satchels for items that are under 10kg (9.9kg actually). I use combinations of the 3kg and 5kg satchels and this wasn't available in the original code. Nice and easy to change in catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php:

FIND:

$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0),
                       		 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                       		 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));

//Default to return 0
		$satch_quote = 0;

CHANGE TO:

$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0, 3 => 0, 4 => 0, 5 => 0),
                       		 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85, 3 => 25.10, 4 => 33.40, 5 => 41.70),
                       		 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0, 3 => 0, 4 => 0, 5 => 0));

//Default to return 0
		$satch_quote = 0;

if(($weight > 5000) && ($weight <=6000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][3];}
		if(($weight > 6000) && ($weight <=8000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][4];}
		if(($weight > 8000) && ($weight <=9900)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][5];}

Nice hack,

Good to see someone else looking at the code and adapting it to their needs. Thanks for posting this for the benefit of others. :)

Post by Ozfarmer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 am

Well done philbydevil! I like it! How hard would it be to show standard shipping for orders under $100 only? Also if Kedge allegedly did use this code and was also able to incorporate split shipping I wonder what they added to it to get that to work? ???

Location - Australia

Post by philbydevil » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm sure that you can do the under $100 thing, but I really don't know php so can't help you out.

Kedge doesn't seem to have updated their module for 1.5x for some reason or other....

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Ozfarmer wrote:Well done philbydevil! I like it! How hard would it be to show standard shipping for orders under $100 only? Also if Kedge allegedly did use this code and was also able to incorporate split shipping I wonder what they added to it to get that to work? ???
No one is saying split shipping can't be done, it's just it takes time. I estimate it will take roughly 10+ hours to write the modifications / test / package / release etc.

Kedge used my code and were then selling their module without releasing the source, this is against the license agreement. They wrote the module to make money, if they release the source they have nothing to sell.

The logic basically needs to be written to split the items out into separate allotments (parcels/packages) and then loop through them and calculate the total shipping. The other method it to do a 'dumb' split, and just split the total weight into 20kg allotments (except for the last) and charge that way, but it won't be as accurate (If people would be happy with this it's not difficult).

The problems come when there are exceptions. The biggest problem with opencarts design is that an item, say an 'iPhone' as treated as a single item in the cart, but it may have a quantity number. If the iPhone say weighed 2kg, and you had 10 of them, it would suggest that the cart item had a total weight of 20kg, when in actual fact it's 10 items at 2kg, so not only do cart items needs to be split across separate parcels, each cart item needs to be broken down if it has a quantity larger than one, otherwise you will be unable to ship it. It is these kinds of small nuances that I don't believe people appreciate. Another problem is that the cart's items are sorted based on when they were put in, for optimal splitting between multiple parcels you should place heavy items first, then place smaller items, so this all needs to be sorted prior to processing.

It's all down to finding the time. I initially plan to write it for standard post only, as allowing split with satchels is tedious because of the low weight, and even more tedious if people want to mix and match between standard post and prepaid satchels (I would hope no one wants to do this). If you need this desperately, pay someone to write it, just make sure that if they use my source as a base they release the modifications for others to use.

The $100 thing isn't difficult, but I would be interested to know when/where/what situation you would use that logic? Are you saying that you want items above $100 to be registered/tracked? or not offer shipping for items over $100? :-\ If it can be explained in a logical way that other people might use I will consider adding it to the standard module.
Last edited by SuperJuice on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I have written the split shipping code and I am currently testing it. I still need to write the admin control panel side, but everything else is pretty much done (minus some additional error checking I want to add).

I plan to release it this weekend if I have time.

Post by Ozfarmer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:48 am

AWESOME! Superjuice! Thanks so much for this! I think that you should put up your PP address so we can all buy you a beer!

Location - Australia

Post by philbydevil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 am

Agreed!

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm

After many hours, 1.5.1.1u3 is now available from the Extension download page:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1011

Some idiot has decided to make a new Australia Post extension page with an upload of one of my zip files unmodified *sigh*, I have reported it and would appreciate it if others reported it too because it does nothing but cause confusion.

The major change in 1.5.1.1u3 is the ability to ship multiple parcels if the cart weight exceeds 20kg (this includes standard, registered, insured and express). Insured postage calculates the parcel's value individually and insures each parcel separately.

I have left 1.5.1.1u2 available because this was a fairly large re-write of the module, so I want some people to report back testing results before I remove 1.5.1.1u2 from availability. If you don't need/want multiple parcel shipping I don't see any real reason to upgrade to 1.5.1.1u3 from 1.5.1.1u2.

I have tested this module with a large combination of scenarios, but I always appreciate feedback. If you are having problems look in the OpenCart Error Log, PHP Error Log, and enable Australia Post error reporting in the module itself to provide detail with your feedback.

To enable multiple parcel shipping, use the following option in the Extension's admin panel:

Multiple Parcels If Cart Over 20kg: Enable

I'm going to bed :crazy:
Last edited by SuperJuice on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by gocreative » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:42 am

Thanks SuperJuice. This is one of the few Australia-centric modules that I use (usually the only one, in fact) so I really appreciate your ongoing work on it.

Post by philbydevil » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 am

Looking forward to testing it out. Thanks Superjuice. Where's the "donate" link in your non-existent signature?

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by stoksey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 am

Hi, just installed the mod but it didn't appear as another module. I just installed latest version of cart which has an Aust post module in it but when I trued to edit that it came up with an error so I thought I'd install yours instead. It now shows as the Australia post module and I can edit its properties but there doesn't seem any way to enable it. I have enabled some of the settings, but not all i.e. have normal mail disabled but satchels enabled but in the module section whenI save the settings it still says that the Australia post module is disabled. What have I done wrong.

Please help.

Thanks
Ian

Post by stoksey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:54 am

Regarding my post above there is not an option for over 20kg as there should be either. - need help please

Ian

Post by philbydevil » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't think that 1.5.1.3 comes with any Australia Post module as default....

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1