Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:25 am

Daniel wrote:yes i'm downloading a backup now to reupload all the downloads.

will take a few hours. sorry.
None of my download links work at moment.

Please let us know when you are done with your re-upload.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by thelangeroom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Superjuice
Brilliant module - Thank you.

Post by downunderjane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 am

Has the download link been fixed yet?

Post by Anon_ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:34 pm

For such a major open source cart.. why is it so hard to have a working Australia Post addon?

Post by ozstar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi,

Posted this here as well as at the extensions..

I have 1.5.2.1 for a CD store and just loaded your 1u4 and it looks like ti is up and running however..

When I look say at a CD and then at Checkout see the options
Standard Shipping,(est 1 day) $9.65
and Express (est 1 day) $12.90

Is there a normal letter rate ? I think it is $1 something for a CD.

I feel I have obviously not done or done something wring here.

Thanks for the mod, great once I get it happening.

oz

Location - Sydney OZ

Post by SamNabz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 am

Hi SuperJuice,

I am using OC v1.5.3.1 and no matter how many products are in the cart or cart weight, I get this message:

"Australia Post
The basket weight is 0g, unable to calculate shipping costs"

Any ideas why??

Cheers, Sam

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by ozstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:24 pm

So it looks like this extension does not use the cost of letters, only parcels.
Is that correct?
Shame if so, as many stores send smaller items by letter mail as it is much cheaper than parcel post.

Anyone know if that is correct, if there is another which does include letter mail for Aust Post?

Thanks

oz

Location - Sydney OZ

Post by philbydevil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 am

@ozstar

We could possibly modify the code slightly, maybe turn Express Post Platinum (or another satchel that you don't use) into letter rate.

Or, could you just use the standard "Per Item" shipping? Or do you sell larger items as well which are different weights?

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by philbydevil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

Actually, what I was thinking will change all satchels. If you don't use satchels then it should work. But if you still want some satchel option then it's beyond me.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by ozstar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks Philbydevil!

Sounded good until second post. Trouble is I have a couple of books which are sent out using the Express Satchel.

If that Satchel option is taken out so the letter option is enabled, then that becomes a problem.

Wow, I never thought this would be such a problem. I took it for granted that a mod would be easy to get, in fact basic, because so many shops use letters as it is a cheaper way to send smaller stuff. I wonder how they do it.

The 'Clear Thinking' mods are always very good and I have a couple of different ones from John which I am very happy with however it seems this letter thing has taken me into a dark cave :-)

I will continue post9ng in the general shipping area fo the forum as maybe we will find a way.

I appreciate the help here and if one thinks of anything please let me know.

oz

PS: Your little ant devil had me worried for a couple of seconds !! Good one !!

Location - Sydney OZ

Post by philbydevil » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Actually, we might still be able to modify the satchels. I added some extra, heavier satchels which are actually a combo of 3 & 5kg satchels. So, why don't we just make a couple of lighter satchels for your cds? Something like 0-100g and 100-200g or whatever. Let me know the weights (you could do it for 1 cd, 2 cds, 3cds, etc) and I'll look into it when I'm not hanging out (working) on Hamilton Island :-) (Friday-ish)

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by tecktipsaaran » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:28 am

tora0515 wrote:

Having problems with dimensions.

I have some large products that are often bought in multiples. When more than 2 products are added to the cart, the dimensions exceed auspost's values. My customers receive the error: The dimensions exceed the maximum girth of 140cm.

Is there a way to split this into 2 shipments? Maybe using length and cubic volume?

Thanks
I am having the same problem.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

Aaran

Post by ozstar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Oh far out... Hamilton Island.. Paradise!! :-) half your luck!!

Say Hi to Paradise for us stuck in Sydney and all points south!

Yes that sounds great, I'll await how you go.

many many thanks for the trying..

oz

Location - Sydney OZ

Post by philbydevil » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 pm

@ ozstar

What weights do you want set?

Does it cost the same to send 1 cd and it does for 2 cds, 3cds, etc?

Work out the weight breaks and prices and I'll go from there. The heaviest weight has to be less than 500g otherwise we'll start interfering with the satchels.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by bronts » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi,
I am using opencart ver 1.5.3.1
I recently bought the commercial AusPost extn thinking it could also work with large envelope/padded bags but I was mistaken.
I have offered to pay the developer $$ to add in those features, but he seems to be lacking in the support dept and I have had no response in any way for many days.

Because I presumed wrongly, I now have only 10 days till my shop goes live (I can't put it off due to advertising) I am hoping that the developer (SuperJuice?)of this extension will be able to help me and I am willing to pay for his services.
The shop I am working on sells jewellery, so I need to have the ability to sell smaller items.
Which for 1 item, it is $1.20 to ship within Oz and several smaller things do fit in 1 small padded bag.
So I need to be able to send...
Services (Domestic):
--------------------
* Regular Post
* Registered Post
* Express Post
* Express Post Platinum

Services (International):
-------------------------
* Air Mail
* Registered Post
* Express Post

May someone, please help me.
This is my first shop and I am new to web design also, so it's all a bit scary and worrying, especially as I now have this deadline.

Thank you
Bronte

Location - QLD Australia

Post by ozstar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:50 pm

HI again,

Just got the time to visit. I'll get the weights and be back asap.

Thnx.. Enjoy the sun..!!

Location - Sydney OZ

Post by philbydevil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:10 am

@bronts

Keep an eye on the thread as the change I'm doing for ozstar should work for you as well.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by philbydevil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am

tecktipsaaran wrote:
tora0515 wrote:

Having problems with dimensions.

I have some large products that are often bought in multiples. When more than 2 products are added to the cart, the dimensions exceed auspost's values. My customers receive the error: The dimensions exceed the maximum girth of 140cm.

Is there a way to split this into 2 shipments? Maybe using length and cubic volume?

Thanks
I am having the same problem.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

Aaran
It looks like the Split Shipping option isn't working for some scenarios.

If I have 50, relatively heavy items (12kg each) to the cart then the split shipping works.

But, if I have 50 very light items (100g each) to the cart, it comes back with the "exceeds maximum girth" error.

None of my products have dimensions entered in admin, so it should just go on weight shouldn't it?

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by philbydevil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:07 am

Ok, so to offer satchels/letters for items that are light-weight (under 500g) here's what we need to do:

Open catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php:

FIND (right down the bottom of the file):

Code: Select all

private function getAuspostSatchel($service, $weight) {
		//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
      		$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0),
                       		 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                       		 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));

//Default to return 0
		$satch_quote = 0;

if($weight <= 500) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][0];}
		if(($weight > 500) && ($weight <= 3000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][1];}
		if(($weight > 3000) && ($weight <=5000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][2];}
CHANGE TO:

private function getAuspostSatchel($service, $weight) {
		//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
      		$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(9 => 1.20, 8 => 2.40, 7 => 3.60, 6 => 4.80, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 14.50),
                       		 "satchexp" => array(9 => 0, 8 => 0, 7 => 0, 6 => 0, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                       		 "satchpla" => array(9 => 0, 8 => 0, 7 => 0, 6 => 0, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));

//Default to return 0
		$satch_quote = 0;

if($weight <= 50) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][9];}
                if(($weight > 50) && ($weight <= 100)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][8];}
                if(($weight > 100) && ($weight <= 300)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][7];}
                if(($weight > 300) && ($weight <= 500)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][6];}
		if(($weight > 500) && ($weight <= 3000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][1];}
		if(($weight > 3000) && ($weight <=5000)) { $satch_quote = $satchel[$service][2];}
What this will do is add additional, regular, lighter "satchels" (which you can send as letters, cd boxes, or whatever). I haven't added any light-weight satchels for express or platinum, but it can be done if you really want.

I just made up arbitrary prices and weights:

Less than 50g = $1.20
50g - 100g = $2.40
100g - 300g = $3.60
300g - 500g = $4.80

Hopefully you can see where these weights/prices can be changed if needed. You can also change the prices of the other satchels here is you wish.

Back up your files before trying this. I haven't actually tested it but it's based on what I did here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p242438 to add heavier satchels so it should work.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by bronts » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 am

It's not working for me :(
I have only added a weight and size dimensions to one item so far to test and went through the process to buy that 1 (and 1 of that item).
http://www.bronts.com/SITES/RedraglynsG ... uct_id=173
The item dimensions are 32 x 10 x 1 mm
Weight is 20g
I get this error...

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/system/library/weight.php on line 38Notice: Undefined index: length_class in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 77Notice: Undefined index: length_class in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 79Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/system/library/length.php on line 38Notice: Undefined index: length_class in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 83Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/system/library/length.php on line 38Notice: Undefined index: length_class in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 87Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/G/e/n/GeneralChoi/html/SITES/RedraglynsGems/shop/system/library/length.php on line 38
Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
Australia Post
The basket weight is 0g, unable to calculate shipping costs

Sorry :(

Location - QLD Australia