New Export/Import tool with the following new features:
  • Multiple languages supported
  • Exports in smaller batches
  • Incremental Imports
export-import9.png

export-import9.png (20.77 KiB) Viewed 15465 times

export-import8.png

export-import8.png (26.82 KiB) Viewed 15465 times

Last edited by JNeuhoff on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by TAC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:09 am

Hi JNeuhoff,

Didn't realise this had just been released today :)

I have installed it on a test site with just a few dummy products. OC v1.5.6.1, using default theme that I have customised.

The export_import.xml file is showing in the vqmod folder.

I have added the tool to the Top Administrators permissions as well.

But I cannot find the tool in the dashboard under the System menu as I expected.
Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.12.41.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.12.41.png (17.58 KiB) Viewed 15457 times

I refreshed several times and then logged out and in again but no luck. I was logged in as the Top Administrator.

I had a hunt around for it but I guess I am looking in the wrong place for it?

TAC

Location - England

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 am

TAC: Have you also installed vqmod on your OpenCart server? Any entries in your OpenCart's system/logs/error.txt ?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by TAC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:55 am

Thank you for the quick reply :)

Yes vqmod was already installed.
Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.52.46.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.52.46.png (14.76 KiB) Viewed 15455 times

Nothing in the logs.
Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.52.31.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.52.31.png (40.61 KiB) Viewed 15455 times

TAC

Location - England

Post by TAC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:00 am

Happy to give you login details if necessary as I realise this version is new so you might need to check?

TAC

Location - England

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:54 am

TAC wrote:Happy to give you login details if necessary as I realise this version is new so you might need to check?
Yes, please send me a PM with your OpenCart and FTP login details, and I can take a look at it.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:28 pm

TAC: I looked at your online shop.

First: You haven't run the VQmod installer.

Second: There are a number of missing PHP libraries on your server, make sure the following are all there:

dom
libxml
simplexml
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl

Guru Member

Post by TAC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Thank you JNeuhoff for the quick reply and great support.

I will get on to fixing this ;D

TAC

Location - England

Post by lenrox » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Dear JNeuhoff

This is by far the best module to be ever made for Opencart, undoubtedly.

Just a quick question with the new version. I just uploaded a file with options (that were a part of the export). But these options seemed to not have been updated onto the products. It instead deleted all the option values from the products.

Could you please check if that is something at your end that needs fixing?

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:11 pm

What worksheets did you upload? Was it the 'Options' and 'OptionValues'? Or was it the 'ProductOptions' and 'ProductOptionValues'? And did you use incremental mode or not?

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:21 am

Just to let everybody know:

There is now a new V2.1 of this Export/Import available from the usual places, with some bugfixes.

Guru Member

Post by TAC » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks JNeuhoff, got it working fine now :D

TAC

Location - England

Post by schiggi » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Wow, that's cool! I was looking forward to a new version! Thank you for your effort!

The previous version was running better than this one, though. First of all, I had to raise the execution_time to not getting that error:

Code: Select all

mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 240 seconds
In addition to waiting for a much longer time than with the previous version, I get a corrupted xlsx file, which has to be repaired with Excel. I attached the repair log from Excel. I also attached my previous version of import/export.

Maybe it helps to localise the problem or to exclude things. The OC version is 1.5.6.4!

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:37 pm

schiggi wrote:Wow, that's cool! I was looking forward to a new version! Thank you for your effort!

The previous version was running better than this one, though. First of all, I had to raise the execution_time to not getting that error:

Code: Select all

mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 240 seconds
In addition to waiting for a much longer time than with the previous version, I get a corrupted xlsx file, which has to be repaired with Excel. I attached the repair log from Excel. I also attached my previous version of import/export.

Maybe it helps to localise the problem or to exclude things. The OC version is 1.5.6.4!
You are not giving much details, so I am not able to reproduce your problem.

In general, if you are dealing with a large number of products, you can always export them in smaller batches, to avoid any memory_limit or timeout issues.

Your repair log seems to indicate that it came across a formula in one of your spreasheet cells. Formulas aren't supported, only values.

Guru Member

Post by schiggi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 am

Sorry for not providing more details:

- Running PHP 5.4.4 with Xcache-enabled
- Running a combination of Nginix and Apache, but all dynamic content is processed by Apache.

What other information you would need?

The formulas in the spreadsheets are not inserted by me. I just really tried to open a freshly exported xlsx file from the tool.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:23 am

schiggi: Yours seems to be quite an unusual server configuration. If you send me a PM with your FTP and OpenCart login details, then I can take a look at it. It should be possible to quickly narrow it down as to what product exactly causes the corrupted Export spreadsheet file, by using smaller batch ranges.

Guru Member

Post by tennyy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi,

I already installed the Multilingual version, but when I import all the data into my opencart, it missed all the product option value, but I can see it in the excel file.

Use incremental Import: No

One more question, when I translate Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese, I found some text "_x000D_ _x000D_" appear in the description.

I search some article on internet, it said need to change the format from xlsx to xls, it works!

But the file size become too big, from 719kb to 5373kb, I worried if the product increase continuously, it cannot be imported.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Please try our new version 2.3 which should fix the issue with the missing product option values.

As regards the file size: XLSX tends to be larger than the old XLS format. However, you can export in smaller batches, edit, and then re-import.

As regards the

_x000D_

This might be a bug with MS Excel. Do you have the same problem when using OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Guru Member

Post by tennyy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

Hi,

I tried the 2.3 version and successful to import the product option.

If I using the translate tool to translate the word in excel, it will add a space between the paragraph, the result in description will show "_x000D_'.

So I found a solution, I need to convert the excel file to xml format first, and using the tool to translate the file and it becomes successfully.