Post by markman-b » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:01 am

Hi teratyke,

I'm using your vQmod PayPal Total Only.

Today I found these messages in my OC error logfile:

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: products in /home/XXXXX/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_hengelsportdigitaal_template_payment_pp_standard.tpl on line 10

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_hengelsportdigitaal_template_payment_pp_standard.tpl on line 10

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: discount_amount_cart in /home/XXXXX/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_hengelsportdigitaal_template_payment_pp_standard.tpl on line 24

Any idea what causes these messages and/or if they will affect the PayPal-payments?

Kind regards,
Markman-B

(I did not change the pp_standard.tpl)

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by teratyke » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 pm

HI -
Confirmed - I'm getting the same, or a similar error. I'll look into it and get back to you later today.
Thanks
Rob

Post by teratyke » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Ok I think I had done something stupid - I bet it was throwing those errors from the start. Please try this version...

v1.1 paypal total only

ps I don't think those errors would have caused a problem to payments, but if this version proves to work (seems like to does to me) then I'd recommend using this mod instead of the earlier version.

Post by markman-b » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:27 pm

teratyke wrote:Ok I think I had done something stupid -
We all do sometimes ;)

Thanx for the improvements. I will let you know my findings asap.

EDIT: Fixed. Nice job 8)

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by slylemon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 am

I have been having the same problem but could not get your vqmod to work so have created a different one.

It adds the tax to each product instead of passing the tax all togther and rounds it to 2dp, and as far as I have tested seems to work.

Hope this helps someone. Let me if you find any problems.

Fix for PayPal Standard
Made on OC 1.5.2.1 not tested on any different versions.

I have noticed that now I am passing Paypal the correct amount, the Opencart total when I have multiple items the same is wrong. I think is its multiplying by unit quantity before rounding.

Attachments

Post by minikits » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:21 am

This particular issue is a very big problem & Opencart needs to address it in an updated version 1.5.4 ver2 Your pp-standard-fix-products-with-tax-round mod does work to some extent, but there is still some rounding of the total of a product if you order a high quantity. I have a product here that is $0.86ea ex tax & the customer orders 100pcs =$86.00. Then they get 10% discount for 100pcs =$77.40 plus 10% Tax =$85.14. The amount of $85.14 is shown correct in the Opencart invoice, but Paypal rounds it to $85.00 so I loose 0.14 which is still a pain to balance for accounting. However its still a better option to use your mod as the current Paypal standard payments in 1.5.4.1 looses me $0.40 so I am 0.28c better off.

I would like the option to just send the total amount of the Opencart invoice to Paypal wihout any product or tax infomation, that way it fixes the problem for many of us, as we generate our own invoicing to the customer anyway & don't need the Opencart or Paypal invoicing.

Thanks for the time to come up with this mod as it has helped loose us less money.

Post by teratyke » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi The mod should still work - although it may need re-written a little depending on your version.
I'm afraid I'm not using it any more myself.
I recently had a big fall-out with Elavon (don't get me started on that), and moved over entirely to PayPal,
I use this mod
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... lfordmedia
which is excellent. No rounding fault.

Accounting is much easier when you use just one payment processor. I used to spend a day a a month reconciling my PayPal and Elavon/Sagepay sales. It takes me under an hour now. The PayPal Pro iframe integration is fantastic.

Sorry I can't help you more with the mod, but my site I'm a store owner rather than a developer and I only have my own site to test on.

Post by olstar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi Guys,

We're having a similar issue, and we basically need Opencart to work tax out differently.

We're integrating with Kashflow and using paypal as well as Sagepay on invoices.

We cannot edit Kashflow as its hosted, as is PayPal so the way we look at it is if we make OC work the same as KF and PP we are sorted.

Has anyone out there attempted this? Have any suggestions?

In short, from my developer;

"Opencart adds up all the figures for each line, then adds vat and rounds the figure

Kashflow rounds each lines NET calculates the VAT and then adds these up to get the total.

Bother very different ways of calculating stuff (as a side note paypal uses the same system as KF)"

Our only option is to change how OC works....

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? :( :( :( :( :(

Professional UK Based eCommerce - Our Free Opencart Mods - Our Premium Opencart Mods
Kashflow Integration

Post by tdaubs » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:46 am

There is a company I am helping with OC and they have run into this issue too.

Since they are only using Paypal Standard for payment processing at this time, I turned off taxes in OC completely as Paypal seems to insist on handling taxes with orders coming from Opencart.

While testing, I noted that Paypal doesn't add the taxes until someone signs into their Paypal account. When you first arrive at Paypal and prior to signing in, it shows the order without taxes. After signing in, Paypal adds taxes if I live in the same state (California in this case) as the company running Opencart.

What's strange is that Paypal divides the order into separate products but seems to think the Shipping, Handling, Discounts and Taxes line item is just another product in the order. So it calculates tax for this even though I have no taxes selected in OC and no taxes selected for the shipping settings in Opencart.

To replicate the settings being used are as follows...
OC version is 1.5.5.1.
Paypal Standard Checkout
Flat Rate Shipping with a tax class on none.
Company running store is located in California. I am located in California.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by slugpace » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:16 am

Could anyone help out with a code or vqmod for OC 2.1.0.1 to just pass on the total to Paypal? No product list, taxes etc., just the total?