Post by oldirtymac » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi,

Just purchased this discount order total extensions. But i have some problem with the way it displays taxes... ??

So the numbers on the order total adds up right, regarding add and subtract following the rows, but
with these calculations i over charge the costumer (and myself) with total amount ( 5 ) and tax ( 4 )

Tax (moms) should be = 43
Total should be = 213

I made the same discount 10% and activated the coupon order total, and deactivated the discount order total

Here i get the right numbers:

Anyone know how to implement the tax calculations from coupon order total to the discount order total, or are using another discount order total that do the trick?

Post by Johnathan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:14 pm

You'd need to apply a tax class to the discount Order Total extension. If it doesn't have a setting for that, it's not going to be able to affect tax calculations.

If you want a total-based discount extension that *does* affect tax calculations, Total-Based Fee/Discount can do that.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by oldirtymac » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 am

Hi Johnathan,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I sell products with 25% & 12% tax, will your extension also handle multiple tax-rates
as the coupon order total does?

So if i have a 10% discount, it will calculate 10% on each product/fee so the right amount
of tax is deducted on the tax lines for 12% and 25% ?

Marcus

Post by Johnathan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:24 pm

Order Totals are generally only given a single tax class to use, so you can only assign one tax class to a charge in my extension. However, I do have a Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount extension that lets you separate charges by product or category. You could then create a discount for the 25% products (with the appropriate tax class) and a discount for the 12% products (with the appropriate tax class) so the discounts properly affected the tax calculations.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator