Post by Mealz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm using Opencart 1.5.5.1 and have enabled Reward Points.

What I am wondering is, am I able to set up reward points so that they are earned on products purchased (approximately 1 for every $10 spent) and then redeemed as 1 reward point is the equivalent to $1?

So far I have set up the reward points so they can be earned - but can they be redeemed as above or do I need to put a reward point purchase value on every product as well? I'd rather not have to do that, and just have the reward points as a dollar amount that can be used on any order - no minimum reward point accrual required.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

Post by Mealz » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:56 am

Ignore me - worked it out!

Post by krmzone » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Could you please brief on how did you do that ?

Thanks a million if you could help me out ..

Post by Mealz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:36 pm

krmzone wrote:Could you please brief on how did you do that ?

Thanks a million if you could help me out ..
Hi! Sorry, only just saw your post.

Basically, the value of the reward point is set by you depending on what the item would cost to purchase in reward points. I have mine set up so that for every $20 spend, 1 Reward Point is received (sometimes I have to manually add some points if someone purchases multiple items). Then to purchase something that is $40 with Reward Points requires 40 Reward Points - so the value of each reward point is $1.
I actually round the purchase value in Reward Points up - so if something is $34.50, I make it 35 Reward Points to purchase so the value of the Reward Points actually ends up less than $1, but it's around-about.

Does that make sense?

Post by yowchuan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Okie, I get the first part. The Reward Points (under the Reward Points tab of a product) is the required number of points needed to make a purchase.

My question is, where in OpenCart do you set the formula whereby a customer is rewarded for the purchase they made?

Thanks!

Post by Mealz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:39 am

Hi - sorry, I don't check in here very often.

You don't need to set anything - in each product you choose the value of the item in Reward Points and how many Reward Points are received by the customer when they purchase the item. You just need to add whichever values you choose under the Reward Points tab in each product.

Hope that helps!

Post by yowchuan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah, I just realized that after a while. It's the terminology in the Admin that's confusing between 'Points' and 'Reward Points'. There should be a clear distinction to differentiate:

1) Reward Points Required
2) Rewards Point Obtained After Purchase

By stating plainly Reward Points, nobody would be the wiser. Of course, after some getting used to, one would get the drill but I feel that it's best to have the two properly defined to avoid any confusion.

Post by Frost_Giant » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 am

Hi,

Thank you for explanation on the wording. It was quite confusing to me.

Post by rend » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:32 pm

I think the label for #1 should be "Price in Reward Points" because the Customer either pays by Reward Points only or uses a different Payment Method that pays real money.

I suggest they create another feature wherein a Product Item can only be paid using "Reward Points" only or a combination of "Reward Points" and another different Payment Method. So there will be a new filed labeled "Reward Points Required".

Post by vincent_angbt » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:20 pm

how can we prefix the reward point to 1 instead we need manually to key in ?

Post by ahuvainc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:52 pm

The question remains is how can one accumulate points and APPLY them TOWARD a purchase but not full payment for item. And how can one set the value of points such as every 30 points = $1 redeemable toward next purchase ?

So that if a customer accumulated 100 points and at checkout wants to use them , it gives them $3 off the cart total.

Skype me at 'ahuvainc'

Location - Israel