Post by Austin17 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 pm

I've been using OpenCart most of this summer, building a website for a local country store. Everything so far has gone pretty well, however I seem to have been snagged on a problem with setting up UPS shipping. I followed the UPS guide on this forum, got an access code, but when I try to go through a checkout I'm getting this message under the UPS shipping option:

Code: Select all

111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.
I see no reason why it shouldn't ship? They have been using UPS to ship from their store for a while now.

After enabling the debug output option, this comes through my system logs:

Code: Select all

2012-07-27 21:58:41 - UPS DATA SENT: <?xml version="1.0"?><AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">	<AccessLicenseNumber>*****</AccessLicenseNumber>	<UserId>*****</UserId>	<Password>*****</Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">	<Request>		<TransactionReference>			<CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext>			<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>		</TransactionReference>		<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>		<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>	</Request>   <PickupType>       <Code>01</Code>   </PickupType>	<Shipment>		<Shipper>			<Address>				<City>Clifton Park</City>				<StateProvinceCode>NY</StateProvinceCode>				<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>				<PostalCode>12065</PostalCode>			</Address>		</Shipper>		<ShipTo>			<Address> 				<City>Albany</City>				<StateProvinceCode>NY</StateProvinceCode>				<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>				<PostalCode></PostalCode>				<ResidentialAddressIndicator />			</Address>		</ShipTo>		<ShipFrom>			<Address>				<City>Clifton Park</City>				<StateProvinceCode>NY</StateProvinceCode>				<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>				<PostalCode>12065</PostalCode>			</Address>		</ShipFrom>		<Package>			<PackagingType>				<Code>02</Code>			</PackagingType>		    <Dimensions>				<UnitOfMeasurement>					<Code>IN</Code>				</UnitOfMeasurement>				<Length>5</Length>				<Width>5</Width>				<Height>5</Height>			</Dimensions>			<PackageWeight>				<UnitOfMeasurement>					<Code>LBS</Code>				</UnitOfMeasurement>				<Weight>4</Weight>			</PackageWeight>		</Package>	</Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
2012-07-27 21:58:41 - UPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>111210</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>
Any idea on what my problem may be? I'm rather stumped. Thanks for the help.

Post by Austin17 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:20 pm

My first reported problem remains the same, however, when I go through the shipping quote in the shopping cart screen, it seems to work. Is there any reason why this might be the case?

Here is the picture from the checkout screen where my original problem was and still is:
http://i.imgur.com/IAcHh.png

And here is the working section:
http://i.imgur.com/SLCkt.png

Post by Austin17 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:10 pm

In case anyone checks this post in the future, I ended up fixing my problem by deleting all customers in the database. It suddenly started working fine with any newly created customers.

Post by rbuckthal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 pm

I had the same problem. I discovered that the shipping zip code was missing. You can see it in the log.
<PostalCode></PostalCode>
In my case the customer failed to enter the postal code.

Some other error message would be much, much better!

Post by jake3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 am

I agree, something like "Please check zip code" would be nice