Post by wychegnome » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:49 am

I have installed the Price Based Shipping Module (the one from from 4 October 2014) under Open Cart 1.5.6.4 and enabled the module under extensions/shipping with sort order 1. It is the only shipping module enabled. I have enabled three zones and I have entered levels in the form 10:2.00,20:4.00 format as per the instructions.
When in the shopping cart area as a customer and asking the system to calculate a shipping estimate no calculation is made and a warning appears that no shipping modules are available. Similarly in checkout the system stalls at stage 4 with a warning that no shipping options are available.

The specification notes for the module indicate it is an adaption of weight based shipping. Weight based shipping does work but with both methods enabled the customer is only offered weight based to select from.

What have I missed either in the install process or the multitude of settings?

Thanks.

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 am

What have you input into the rates field?

It's likely that the rates you've input are either formatted incorrectly, or don't go high enough to cover your current cart total.

Regards,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by wychegnome » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 am

Joel
Thank you for the quick response.
Since posting I have installed an alternative module "Total Price Based Shipping" and enabled it as well. This has revealed, I think, the answer! Or, at least, part of it.
When testing "Price Based Shipping" I had a quantity of items in the shopping cart with a total value higher than the shipping rate settings. Further testing reveals that if the value in the cart is below the free shipping value it does produce an estimated shipping cost.
This means that, although the "Price Based Shipping" module works it is not user friendly as a customer asking for a shipping estimate expects to get some sort of statement even if it just a zero shipping cost amount. Its a pity the author didn't see fit to document this as it has wasted quite a bit of my time checking and recchecking settings that proved to be correct!
In view of this I will be using "Total Price Based Shipping" as it gives a positive response regardless of the value in the shopping cart.
Thank you again for your help Joel.
John