Post by Tim Smeets » Sat May 21, 2016 6:33 am

Hi All,

Basically all I want to do is specify custom shipping quotes per item at checkout. IE receive an email of the customers item then I would respond with the final shipping cost etc before they confirm the purchase. Our items range from 0.5kg to 75kg and ship to many remote and hard to get to areas where shipping needs to be investigated before giving a price to ensure both parties are happy.

I have tried to look at Advanced Shipping RPO but no solution there. I would have thought this can be done as I am sure I have used this on E-bay where i purchased something and the payment didn't proceed until I got a return email with the shipping cost then I proceeded through the checkout. Payment would need to be Authorized so it would stop at this point? Maybe something can be added at this stage? ???

Please Help

Regards

Tim

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 21, 2016 6:50 am

This would actually be dependent on your payment gateway, and not the shipping method. Depending on your payment gateway, what you could do is let the customer complete the order with a $0.00 shipping cost, then modify the order later once you know the cost. I usually recommend creating a product called "Shipping" that costs $0.01, and then add it to the order in the appropriate quantity later.

To do this, you'd need a payment gateway that allows you to store customer card info, like Stripe or Braintree. I have extensions for both if you're interested in doing that:

• Stripe Payment Gateway
• Braintree Payment Gateway

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by newmedia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:58 pm

I have a client looking to use Estes Shipping directly as their product is heavy... can this be plugged into your opencart estes has a api

Thanks
mike

Post by Johnathan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:48 pm

You'd need to find an extension that specifically interacts with the Estes API. If you need to find a developer, I recommend you post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator