Post by bulbdesign » Wed May 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi community

Is there an Opencart extension (or shop setting) which allows for the auto-generation and multiplication of shipping fee on a single order?

My client is offering an annual 'beer subscription' as product at his website. We are wanting the customer to purchase the 'product' in advance and in 1 transaction to include purchase price + shipping x 4. In brief they will receive:

4 shipments of beer, 4 times a year
The purchase price will look something like $300 annual subscription
Shipping $22. per quarter billed per annum (we want this all paid for at once) total:
$300 +
Shipping $22x4= $88
total $388

Currently, based on dimensions and weight, my shop only factors in 1 x shipping or $22. I can't just use flat rate shipping as each geo zone/rate needs to be correctly calculated which my Fastway shipping extension currently provides.

My shop is running Mijoshop 2.5.4 on OpenCart 1.5.5.1 Joomla 3.4.5. We use Fastway courier for shipping, and eWay as our payment processor.

Thanks for any direction. More than happy to purchase a paid extension to solve this. Jeff

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Can you enter the rates yourself? If so, you could probably use Category & Product-Based Shipping for this. You'd just enter your rates, singling out that product from your others if you need to, and then add an adjustment like this:

Rule: Adjust final charge 300%

If you get your rates from Fastway's server, though, then that's not going to work. In that case, you might be able to use Hidden Shipping Adjustments or Hidden Shipping Adjustments Pro to adjust the shipping cost after it has already been calculated.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by bulbdesign » Thu May 05, 2016 10:25 am

Johnathan wrote:
If you get your rates from Fastway's server, though, then that's not going to work. In that case, you might be able to use Hidden Shipping Adjustments or Hidden Shipping Adjustments Pro to adjust the shipping cost after it has already been calculated.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.
Thank you, Johnathan. I'll take a look at your extensions! Cheers