Post by creativearc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:17 am

1) Briefly, I've inherited an OpenCart site that utilizes this shipping method
2) Scouring the list of modules, I can't seem to find this module by name
3) The php and language files are both: free_shipping_per_item.php

Does anyone out there recognize this module? I can't tell if it's a custom module by a prior developer, or a widely available one for which I might find some self-serve support.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:50 am

I haven't seen that file name before, and can't find an extension in the store that has that exact name, so it may be a discontinued extension. If you don't see it in the list of shipping methods, in Extensions > Shipping, then it's probably a modification and not an actual shipping method.

If that's the case, you should look for a corresponding vQmod file, since it probably does its edits via vQmod. The filepath would be something like this:

/vqmod/xml/free_shipping_per_item.xml

Sometimes developers put their information in the files themselves, so if you haven't already, you should try opening up the files to see if there is any info in them.

If you can't get it working and want a solution that does, I have a variety of extensions that will probably work, depending on what you need. If you want Free Shipping for the entire cart based on the items in the cart, I have Free Shipping Plus and Category & Product-Based Shipping. If you want to choose which items are free on a product-by-product basis, I have a Change Requires Shipping to Free Shipping mod that might work for you.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by creativearc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:52 am

Thank you! That is incredibly helpful.

I'll check in that directory to see what sense I can make of it. The "free shipping per item" is completely missing from the admin interface, so I'm hoping they'll be some obvious files I can check and perhaps correct.