Post by jackie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:46 am

Yes -
we need this too - this isn't solved until the information can be spread to others!!! I don't see in the above link where the solution might be, but..... I will look again...

has anyone a solution to this issue w/Paypal Standard?

Post by crispylettuce » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Not at my pc..... But basically the encryption key is faulty in download 1.5.4 so I ended up downloading and installing 1.5.4.1 and this fixed it..
What is version are you on?

Can't remember where the encryption file is, try find release note for 1.5.4.1 and it may say there

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Post by jackie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm

The way I fixed the persistent error with PayPal standard is by downloading the latest OC version (1.5.4.1), and replacing my the system/library/encryption.php file with the one from there.

(I have just upgraded my site to 1.5.4 which I thought was 1.5.4.1 and don't know why exactly this file wasn't in it - but it works and I'll revisit the changelog)

Post by daenterpri » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:37 am

If you have multiple online stores, how do you setup PayPal Standard for all of them since it only has one Return URL?

Post by crispylettuce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 am

With standard one you can only use one PayPal account as far as I know. Mine seems to be fine from two different address

Post by jocle140 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm

jackie you effin legend. encryption file is bust. simple. just upload the encryption file from 1.5.4.1 and voila all is lovely

Post by rfollett » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Also just downloaded latest version of encription.php and orders now working.

BUT they are coming through as status Complete? ANy ideas why this might be?

Post by crispylettuce » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm

rfollett wrote:Also just downloaded latest version of encription.php and orders now working.

BUT they are coming through as status Complete? ANy ideas why this might be?
They should be shouldn't they?

Post by kwaek » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Running Opencart 1.5.4 - updated encryption file and thought this had solved my issue as well.

However, after putting through a live transaction I can see that orders are still going through as Missing. Within IPN history in PayPal - I can see that the HTTP response code is blank and the status is 'retrying'. From what I gather, PayPal can't communicate with the website. Presumably this is a hosting issue, can anyone shed some light on this?

Edit: Contacted PayPal, who said that Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
http://mysite.co.uk:/index.php?route=pa ... d/callback

Edit: Checked server access logs and there is nothing PayPal related. What could stop PayPal from reaching the site?

Post by EliteStrings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am

So I've tried everything too, to no avail. The IPN is being sent from Paypal, however I have no response code and no errors in debug mode. I assume this means that the problem is server or site related, in that it will not accept the message.

I'm waiting to hear back from my server to see if port 80 is open or blocked. I assume it is open at present and if it is open I officially have no further ideas on what the problem might be. Where else could the problem lie in not accepting an IPN (I'm using 1.5.4 and have already tried replacing the 1.5.4.1 version of encryption)

However, If it is blocked and cannot be opened, is there a way around this without changing servers?

Post by EliteStrings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am

So I've tried everything too, to no avail. The IPN is being sent from Paypal, however I have no response code and no errors in debug mode. I assume this means that the problem is server or site related, in that it will not accept the message.

I'm waiting to hear back from my server to see if port 80 is open or blocked. I assume it is open at present and if it is open I officially have no further ideas on what the problem might be. Where else could the problem lie in not accepting an IPN (I'm using 1.5.4 and have already tried replacing the 1.5.4.1 version of encryption)

However, If it is blocked and cannot be opened, is there a way around this without changing servers?

Post by MikeSCC » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 am

The way I fixed the persistent error with PayPal standard is by downloading the latest OC version (1.5.4.1), and replacing my the system/library/encryption.php file with the one from there.

(I have just upgraded my site to 1.5.4 which I thought was 1.5.4.1 and don't know why exactly this file wasn't in it - but it works and I'll revisit the changelog)
@jackie - Thanks very much for this - worked a treat.

Post by phil-marlow » Fri May 03, 2013 7:58 am

I too am having this exact same problem with orders showing as missing. Problem occurs with Paypal, Google Checkout, NoChex.

I am hosted with fasthosts and they too confirm no IP or Port blocking.

I use Opencart for 2 websites and both have the same issue.

I also have another 2 OC websites hosted with 123-reg and these work fine.

Is there a work-around to get the orders come through as pending/processing?

Also, as the orders are coming in as missing, the stock is not deducting correctly. Any one else have this stock deducting problem?

Anyone got any other ideas/suggestions?

Post by bluesmoke » Sun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Success!! Encryption.php file was the issue with me too, but very weird. I had Opencart Paypal Standard working on another site (both sites 1.5.4) and compared file size of encryption.php (system/library) on both.
On the site that was working it was larger(850 approx), so I uploaded this to the site that wasn't working and Bingo! all working now. I then compared the 2 encryption files (both from separate 1.5.4 Opencart downloads) and they use completely different methods - the one that didn't work used MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256.
Odd that they both came from 1.5.4 Opencart downloads at slightly different times
Thanks for all your help guys - so many people seem to be having problems with this and I hope someone else picks this up also

Post by lowlands » Thu May 09, 2013 3:45 am

@ bluesmoke

I am having issues too.

I looked at the encryption.php files. And both the old one and the one I just downloaded has this MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256.

What do you have that is different?

My OC-shop: http://www.Soldeerpunt.nl

Post by ctlee » Fri May 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi,

I am also newly installing a OC (ver. 1.5.5.1). I have the same problem:
1) Checkout the cart
2) Pay via Paypal and successful
3) Success in response, showing in my OC screen, after auto-redirect back from Paypal.

However, there is no order and the corresponding details when checking the order history.
I have already checked many comments from the same thread. I understand that, the problem is related to the "encryption.php". But, I compared the file "encryption.php" between 1.5.4.1 and 1.5.5.1. The content is exact the same.
And, the problem should be fixed in 1.5.4.1, according to the release note of 1.5.4.1.

So, does anyone have idea on the problem on ver 1.5.5.1?

Many thanks,
Eddie (a new joiner in using OC)

Post by eBsimplicity » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Im having the exact same issue as ctlee and several others. Looking for input on this.

Post by eBsimplicity » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:27 am

If anyone else is having this problem the following worked for me:

Go to paypal.com -> My profile -> More options -> My selling tools -> Instant payment notifications -> Edit settings -> Receive IPN messages -> CHECK -> Save.

Post by skyboard » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Hey everyone,

I was struggling with this error too, using OC 1.5.4.
For me using the pp_standard and the encryption.php from the 1.5.4.1 solved this issue.