Post by DillPickleGear » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:22 am

Recently I've started having an issue where the customer gets to PayPal and the total goes to zero. I'm not totally sure what's going on, but I think it somehow has something to do with PayPal not getting fed the address information from OpenCart. I haven't changed anything, and it was working fine before, but in the last couple of months a few customers have had trouble and either haven't been able to complete checkout or had the order come through for $0.00. One particularly resourceful customer bought himself a gift certificate for the total of his order and then used that to place the order!

Do I need to update the PayPal extension? Should I just update OpenCart? I'm still using 1.5.4. Thanks in advance!

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 01, 2018 7:01 am

Well, OC v.1.5.4 had it's own Bug Topic:
viewtopic.php?t=81219
---
But new Server requirements, like PHP Versions and MySqli, will force you
to update anyway, sooner or later. Whatever UPDATE means, since there is no
such as an Upgrade of existing Software, since nothing, but some Data Content
in the Database exist, and will be usable, in a 'newly prepared' Form, in later
Versions again.

But wheter you want to moce up to a Version 1.5.x, 2.x, or 3.x, will be your
decision. Just don't ignore, the later the Version, the less free Knowledge
and Extensions exist.
---
The latest and best of v.1.x.x has been the v.1.5.6.5_rc, the Version, I am using:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... 306fb75707
It's not yet responsive themed by default, but a good range of simple free responsive
Themes exist for it. It was not really a new Version, but only a fixed 1.5.6.4, as you can
find out here:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... angelog.md
One advantage, compared with a v.2/v.3, would be, that you won't have to work in
an entirely new ADMIN Console, and waste time, to find out, what has been moved
where, and how it works. The Software accepts MySqli, and PHP up to Version 7.0.xx.
But it should be installed by use of some PHP 5.x Version, since the Shop 'install' Routine
does not understand PHP v.7.0.xx anymore. But I could supply an updated Install, if one
needs one, just to mention this ! :D
---
And the best of v.2.x is probably v.2.3.0.2, but I can't tell you about it, since I never played
with it:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tree/2.3.0.2
---
OC v.3.0.x is a different story, and possibly even soon replaced by a 'successor' Version
Number again. So, it's hard to guess, whether it's of much use to select it, or better still
wait a while .... 8)
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ADD Creative » Thu May 03, 2018 4:59 am

Do your orders in OpenCart show the correct totals? Do you get any errors in your error logs?

Due to the way PayPal Payments Standard works, it is possible that a customer could change the total on the checkout page. Updating OpenCart or the module will not fix this.

If this happens you should see the message "PP_STANDARD :: RECEIVER EMAIL MISMATCH!" followed by the customers email address in your error logs.

The order status will also be set to the default status. You can change the default status by going to System -> Setting -> Edit (for your store) -> Option (tab). Then under the CHECKOUT section change Order Status to something that isn't used by any or your payments modules. It's a good idea to create a new status for errors / fraud and set this as the default. If you then see an order come in and it has this status then you need to manually check the order and payment.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom