Post by bizeebodyz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:14 am

Good morning
Can anyone suggest any other providers for here in Australia than Afterpay, ZipPay, Zip Money. I have 2.3.0.2 version OpenCart template and cannot get anyone to accept and I have a business to run. ZipMoney are updating still but that has been 2.5 months already. Regards Jeni

Post by dreami2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:37 am

Same question, we have 2 well established online businesses with high turnover both using Opencart. We assumed we would be able to simply sign up and use Afterpay, particularly as their is already a working module for it on opencart.com. Afterpay said even though the module worked they wouldn't support it. They're turning away millions of potential customers. What's with that?

Afterpay obviously only deals with stores that have a high turnover, not with start ups etc, which you can understand. But our businesses are well established with very high turnover. They woulnd't even entertain the idea of having a developer create an API.

Post by haydent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am

i think its more that opencart wont/hasnt gone into a business deal with them.... as afterpay told us this after a while:
"At this time it is not supported by Afterpay, but I am unable to advise a specific time when it will be in agreement with Afterpay."

i think eventually they will crack and opencart will get it, again. but in the mean time, looking into alternatives...

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by haydent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 am

maybe we could start a petition ?

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by dreami2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 am

the ridiculous thing is that so many people, have purchased the Opencart module for Afterpay that's available on Opencart.com. even paid for a developers to install it on their websites!!

Zippay now have a module for Opencart, they also provide much better support.

The more people that sign up for Afterpay and choose Opencart as their platform, the sooner they will cave and make it available.

Post by phpscript7 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Please check http://www.opencart-extension.com/ for Afterpay and Zippay modules.

Post by dreami2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm

these modules are not supported by Afterpay or Zippay. waste of money to purchase them.

Post by phpscript7 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Zippay supprert are there.Only Afterpay don't provide any support.

Post by phpscript7 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Please contact me for your issue on both of this module Afterpay as well as zippay.

Post by estroblock » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:49 am

Bump....
anyone had any luck with this yet?
I have been rejected by all 3.

"We've reviewed your application and unfortunately your business did not meet our accreditation criteria at this stage. When applications are assessed we take into consideration a range of factors including (but not limited to) your turnover, time trading and nature of the products or services offered.

We are open to reassessing your application at a later stage based on your business circumstances at the time. We wish you all the best for your future business successess."

TIA

Post by Mark TAQ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Any further new word on this? I just purchased the Afterpay extension via this site and after having my developer do his bit contacted Afterpay to signup. I filled out the online form and waited for a response as advised.

Today I received advice from Afterpay that it doesn't support support the OpenCart eCommerce platform. Can someone please how I can receive a refund from OpenCart for the extension I purchased through this site?

Post by bronts » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 pm

I had to upgrade my shop to 3.0.2.0 for zip pay.
They have said they are going to install and set it up for free.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by bronts » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:53 am

Update:
Zip pay is in and working on my site www.redraglynsgems.com now.
As for afterpay, they will not reply to any of our requests to have them, even though there is an extension made so that it can work with opencart.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 am

bronts wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:53 am
Update:
Zip pay is in and working on my site www.redraglynsgems.com now.
As for afterpay, they will not reply to any of our requests to have them, even though there is an extension made so that it can work with opencart.
According to Afterpay's Australia API documentation site, recent updates were also made to their API - either for the online and in-store edition:
Document Version 3.7 | Last updated: Friday, 24 August, 2018
Source: https://docs.afterpay.com/

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by bronts » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:00 am

Unfortunately, they are still not accepting my shop owner to have an account with them and to have afterpay as a payment option as they state they still do not support OpenCart.
I have zipppay, paypal etc so it's not big of a deal, just annoying. I'll wait and check periodically to see if they grow a brain and allow it.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by onefish » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:50 am

Bronts, thanks for the updated information. We are seeking to allow Afterpay payments on our online store and after reading this, I am not sure it is possible? There are a couple Afterpay payment modules available for purchase on the Opencart store so it is very unclear to me:

> Are the modules available for purchase simply a scam and do not work?
> Or do the modules, in fact work, if you have an Afterpay merchant account with API access?
> Will Afterpay simply not allow any stores based on Opencart access to their API? In this case, how could the modules possibly work?

Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I have called and emailed Afterpay but still don't have an answer.

Post by onefish » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Hmm, Afterpay response to our request for merchant facilities:

"Thank you for your enquiry to get Afterpay for your website. After reviewing your website it appears you’re on an e-commerce platform that we currently are not compatible with. Platforms that we do integrate into include:
> Shopify
> WooCommerce
> BigCommerce
> NETO
> Prestashop
> Magento
If you have already or are planning to move over to one of these platforms please let me know and we can get your business set up online. Please send through your new URL so I can verify your website and its products. If your compatible website is NOT LIVE please attach a few screenshots of your products with the URL clearly visible for product verification."

I spoke to the fellow that sent the email and he said that their engineers require access to the web store for sandbox testing, before they will allow live connection. So you can't really even just claim your on Magento or something. Doesn't look like Afterpay and Opencart are going to work together, even though there are modules that may technically work just fine.

Post by uacinfotech » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:10 am

Looks like afterpay are supporting opencart now.

Post by uacinfotech » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm

My customer has just been granted an afterpay merchant account.
Before purchasing any of the current modules be aware of the afterpay best practises and integration docs.

All

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm

uacinfotech wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm
My customer has just been granted an afterpay merchant account.
Before purchasing any of the current modules be aware of the afterpay best practises and integration docs.

All
Thanks for the update, uacinfotech. Which is why I posted the documentation on the above at the beginning due to their API changes that may involve impacts to the users otherwise.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON