Post by adventurebikeshop » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi - version 1.5.1.3

Help needed - orders paid via PayPal were being put into abandoned orders since 11th January - for the previous 4 years all has been fine. Searching the forums I noticed that someone uploaded the pp_standard.php file from a newer version of Opencart and their problem was solved. So I uploaded from 1.5.4.1 this file. I totally lost the option in -extensions/payments for PayPal Standard :-O

I have reloaded the original file (which I downloaded from my site before uploading the new files) but I still do not have the PayPal Standard option. I have tried installing PayPal express instead but I get error messages with this that I cannot resolve.

Can anyone help please....................... we sell a lot of products via PayPal and this time of year is quiet so really can't afford to be losing sales

Jenny

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 am

Try checking it against the original file from a 1.5.1.3 installation the which can be downloaded from the link below.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ory&page=3

Also check that the permissions for that file haven't been changed on the server.

Do you get any errors in the error log that could be related?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by adventurebikeshop » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Thank you - I uploaded the files from an old backup and it is back :-)

All I have to do now is work out why orders paid by PayPal are showing as abandoned orders - this is what I was trying to fix in the first place................. Spoken with PayPal and the Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) show as sent and accepted by our website but Opencart is not logging them correctly as normal sales.

Will keep searching - seems several people have had this problem but I have not found my answer.

For info - I just completed a sale of on our site and paid via PayPal - there are no error logs listed and I have PayPal Standard in debug mode...........

If you have any suggestions I would be most grateful.
Jenny

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:45 pm

I would check your IPN history for that transaction.

Login to PayPal and go to Profile -> Profile and Settings -> My selling preferences -> Instant payment notifications Update -> IPN History page. Change the dates and then search. Click on the Message ID for the last entry.

Check the Notification URL is correct (should be your website/index.php?route=payment/pp_standard/callback). HTTP response code should be 200. Delivery status should be Sent. No. of retries should be 0.

If that is all OK check the order statuses set in the PayPal module in Opencart. Completed Status is the one PayPal will set on payment. Check everything is correct and save.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by Daryl Toogood » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:35 am

What should the URL be for the IPN please?

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:24 pm

For 2.3.0.2 it's set in the payment module here. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... rd.php#L88

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member