Post by deeve » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 pm

I have tried posting a request for advise on an extension I purchased through the OpenCart Extensions page as the developer appears to be un-contactable. Since posting I believe I've pinpointed the problem I'm encountering but am unsure as to how to resolve. From reading numerous other threads on this forum re Undefined Indexes, I believe this may be quite a common issue with other vQmod extensions.

My original thread is here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=97067

Basically, I only receive the 'Undefined Index: route' error when using the Aduakasoft Custom Javascript extension, when I'm on the initial homepage [as it does not display the path within it's url]. If I go to any other page [where the path is within the url], the script works fine & if I return to the homepage from another [the path is then: /index.php?route=common/home] again, the script works fine.

Is there a way of forcing the script to include the initial homepage [without path] to be treated the same way as all other pages?

Thanks.

Post by deeve » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:55 pm

In my research I found a script 'if clause' which looks as if it may solve my problem as it could exclude the $base url homepage but am unsure where to place this as do not understand at what point the extension would be able to discriminate which page it's acting upon.

I've tried using it within the xml file itslef but didn't work.

Code: Select all

<?php
        if (isset($this->request->get['route']) && $this->request->get['route'] != 'common/home' || $this->request->get['route'] != '$base' ) { ?><!-- active code goes here -->      
<?php } ?>
The extension catalog files are here:
catalog/controller/common
catalog/model/design

Any suggestions?