Post by redinstead » Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

hi there. Please help if you know what the problem could be. OpenCart v 1.5.4.1

I have the free Import / Export tool running on my site. I do an Export no problem, make a change to the file (or even no change, just for testing purposes) and then Import and all looks fine on Admin side. However no products show up on Store side.

If I go into Admin Products, open up a product, do nothing and click Save, it now shows up in front end. However if I run another Import, all go away again from front of store. Products are always showing in Admin and always show in store when I go in and click Save. Import again, all gone again.

Redownloaded Export / Import and reinstalled - no change. Correct one for my version of OC, yes.

Store Default is chosen
products are Enabled
one language (English)
stock levels are above 1
date_added, date_modified, date_available are about a month ago so not that issue
store ID is 0 (one store only)

No error messages, cleared cache.

Please help! :)

Post by redinstead » Sat May 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Please does anybody know what I can do about this issue?

Post by breezemike » Sun May 12, 2013 8:00 am

I am having this exact problem - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Post by breezemike » Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 am

Can anyone please help with this issue?

Post by redinstead » Tue May 14, 2013 12:30 pm

aaah well at least I know it is not just me! I couldn't find anything like it on the forums. Anybody have any ideas or things we can be checking (beyond the obvious)?

Post by redinstead » Thu May 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Okay I have worked it out at last! It turns out that I was using an extension that added extra custom fields to the database and the free import / export tool only takes care of core fields. My custom field just happened to relate to showing the product on the front end of the store. Once I turned that extension off, it all works fine now - ie. importing products no longer sets them to not show on front end.

I did see a few posts about getting the import / export tool to also take custom fields but it seems quite tricky. Here it is though: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=80

Post by pcinq » Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 am

I'm having a similar issue except that if a go into the product a click Save it still doesn't show up on the store front.

Not sure if it is the same issue, but if it is, the current fix appears to be to turn of the extensions that use custom fields. (Not sure if this is a viable option for some sites because these extension may be needed for the website.) However how do I find out which extension use custom fields?

Would this be considered a bug in the import/export tool because it does not gracefully handle extensions with custom fields? While it may be difficult for the import / export tool to also take custom fields I'm thinking at the least it should be able to ignore them yet still display the products on the store front, particularly if the custom fields are not mandatory?

Post by pcinq » Tue May 21, 2013 5:41 am

Looks like my issue wasn't the due to an extension using custom fields as I can now upload the products and they appear on the store. Think I wasn't populating one or more of the mandatory fields in the spreadsheet for the new products.

Post by msjmacphee » Tue May 01, 2018 11:46 pm

As standard, when you import the products, their default status is disabled and they will therefore not show up on the front-end. On the admin area, simply change the status to enabled for the newly imported products. I'm sure there is an additional feed you can add to the import file but have settled for simply enabling the new products personally. Hope this helps ;)