Post by amnion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:22 am

I have two extensions that I rely on with my store. One is an extension that replaces an add to cart button with a button that sends them to another site. This works especially well for me because I design stuff in Zazzle, Cafepress, and other sites. I like to have everything all in one place.

The issue is that with the other modules (latest, latest products by category) it still puts an add to cart button on the front page. This forces me to only have products I sell directly or downloadable products on my home page, which eliminates the majority of my products. How can I remove the add to cart button from anything that shows on the front page?

Right now if someone buys a product that I have linked to where it is really being sold, and they use the add to cart button off the front page I have to then turn around and order that product and have it shipped to the customer.

Post by MarketInSG » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 pm

You can update it to link the user to another site of yours by editing the template files of featured, latest, specials etc. Look into your theme's folder and you should see the files lying around

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 am

amnion wrote:I have two extensions that I rely on with my store. One is an extension that replaces an add to cart button with a button that sends them to another site. This works especially well for me because I design stuff in Zazzle, Cafepress, and other sites. I like to have everything all in one place.

The issue is that with the other modules (latest, latest products by category) it still puts an add to cart button on the front page. This forces me to only have products I sell directly or downloadable products on my home page, which eliminates the majority of my products. How can I remove the add to cart button from anything that shows on the front page?

Right now if someone buys a product that I have linked to where it is really being sold, and they use the add to cart button off the front page I have to then turn around and order that product and have it shipped to the customer.
You can modify the template file of the modules you use, and remove the add to cart button from there.

Regards,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by emartin3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 am

I realize that this is a couple years back, but it's referring to a thing i am looking for directly.

Which extension are you using to provide this:

"I have two extensions that I rely on with my store. One is an extension that replaces an add to cart button with a button that sends them to another site. This works especially well for me because I design stuff in Zazzle, Cafepress, and other sites. I like to have everything all in one place. "

Thank you kindly!