Post by Aladdin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Hello,

Is there an easy way to have Geo Zone Name for different languages. i.e, we prefer to have "UK Shipping" and "UK VAT Zone" as in default core example to be translated into all supported languages.

Thanks
Aladdin

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 am

Theres no way of doing it short of editing and adding tables yourself, which in my opinion is a lot of work. If you only have a couple of languages, the best suggestion I can offer is to have say
UK SHIPPING | SHIPPING NAME IN OTHER LANGUAGE
That way, you can show both fairly easily. That could however get tedious for you if you have a large number

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Aladdin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks you. I currently have 3 supported languages and I am keen to add others more in soon future, so your suggestion would not be an ideal solution for this.
If no other way, I wil probably end up adding few lines of logic to handle each language hardcoded.

Regards
Aladdin

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 am

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Aladdin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:05 pm

@Straightlight
Thanks, but this is not what i am looking for. Plus, i am not keen for anything to change DB nor any file in system core..

Regards
Aladdin

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 pm

While I do agree that database changes is required, this contribution does NOT request to override core files. It is clearly that you haven't tried it and you have just made that assumption up. My latest release is purely modulated.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Aladdin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:36 pm

@Straightlight,
Thanks for your reply, I tried your extension but this is not what I am looking for.

Regards
Aladdin

Post by kevung » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 am

Is there any update on this? I have several groups of customers whose languages are quite different, and like Aladdin, it is impossible to translate them all in one comprehensive line (plus, you want to look professional and that means having full, multilingual countries and zones).

Does someone have a vqmod for this? It would be great if we could translate them out of the box like so many other portions of open cart. I am using 1.5.4.1

Post by cpuricelli » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:13 am

same issue for me!

Post by masterbeta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:09 pm

do you mean to have multi language for the geo zone in the backend admin section? or when it displays the geozone in the cart to customers?

for example, on my backend i have all the geozones standard in english.... but on the front end in certain shipping methods instead of using a multilingual name it pulls the name from the database as the english geo zone name.... so if a foreign customer chooses that shipping method, instead of showing his/her language, it'll show the always english geozone name...

primarily the shipping method based on weight....

so what i did was this:

on catalog/model/shipping/weight.php
i changed this section:

Code: Select all

if ((string)$cost != '') {
					$quote_data['weight_' . $result['geo_zone_id']] = array(
						'code'         => 'weight.weight_' . $result['geo_zone_id'],
						'title'        => $this->language->get('text_title'),
//$result['name'],
i simply removed the $result name for title to be $this->language.....

make sense?

i'm using version 2.1.0.1....

hope this helps!

however, if you are wanting to mulitranslate the entire geozone backend database list..... then that's another story ;)

Location - Ikaria, Greece

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:34 am

make sense?
These changes will only imply the selected language you are currently using as it will not be reflected based on the associated geo zone ID pull in from the database for other users as the same result you would expect. One quick way to do this would be by using the GeoIP module and the associated GEO IP's country code with the database country code that your store has relatively.

Although, this may indicate results based on your customer's providers location and not based on the actual location where the customer will visit your store. For instance, the geo zone name would be displayed based on a different location to where the customer's provider might be located as well as your store. The question would be to know how to distinguish both ends on that side in order to provide the right linguistic result on the browser.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON