Post by Alistriwen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:06 am

Hi there, I hope I am using this forum correctly.

We recently opened a webstore that was designed for us by a hosting company. They did the major setup and we uploaded our inventory, pictures etc. We are a company that wholesales women's accessory items though and once we started to get orders we found we had trouble with the way the customer list was formatted. Presently, the list is in first and last name format with the company name being a piece of additional information. Our webhost was able to make the company field mandatory, but hasn't been able to make it so we can see the list with the company name in both the customer list and the order list. For us, this is essential as we don't necessarily know the names of every purchaser at every one of our retailers. We were hoping to have an option where company name could be the primary field so we could see who we were dealing with more easily. Although I know this would be more difficult, if there was also a way to retroactively change anyone who signed up with first and last name as primary and list them by company name that would be much better than having to re-register everyone who has already signed up.

Thanks!

Version 1.4.9.3

Post by kiwicrit » Mon May 07, 2012 11:59 am

We also supply businesses and find it hard to operate the store without a searchable company field in the customer list.

Does anyone know how to make the company field searchable?

Post by straightlight » Tue May 08, 2012 6:44 am

Done. I agree with the above statement. Now, merchants can search their customers by Company name.

Attachments

v1.5.2.1
Upload to admin/model/sale folder.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stavros » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:57 pm

i am using v. 1.5.2.1 and tried your addition. i have a problem there should be list 50 customers in every page but list only 1 customer name please lokk at the attachment

Attachments

screenshot.JPG

screenshot.JPG (105.47 KiB) Viewed 1416 times

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am

'column_company' is showing in your screenshot which is the original field name definition meaning that the replacement applied into your OpenCart store from XML is not being applied correctly compared to other users who uses v1.5.2.1 release.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jordydejager » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Does this modification also makes it possible to search by company name when adding an order manual?

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Not at this time, only customers profile in admin.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON