Post by Nathasha » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi Daniel

I hope you can add this,

When you change an option the image also changes.
I know there is a mod for this.But hope you can put it in the core

Post by kdmp » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 am

I will add this about the module installations....it may have already been mentioned in the pages of responses, but I only had a moment to browse.

A proper method would be to have a manifest file that will tell Opencart where to place the files. The file would remain with the installation of the module, so it could be used to remove those files. This way there are no remnant files left over.

Just my two cents.

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by Marvix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello,

Am new for opencart, but as I see many of themes modify the core files, to add or modify function, what I wish to have core function override system, like Drupal!

THX

Post by lewislove » Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Can't wait to see the next update. As always, really appreciate your work Daniel!

I'm a freelance web consultant, based in Derby. I offer friendly advice and support for smaller businesses that are setting out into the big WWW! Derby Web Consultant

Location - East Midlands, UK

Post by jmartins » Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Why not use a Database in-memory like voltDB, Redis, Mongodb and others ?

regards
Joao Martins

Post by ADD Creative » Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Daniel,

Here is a list of a few things that would be nice to have when using OpenCart for business 2 business sales.

1. EU VAT business to business sales
While zero rating the VAT on EU sales can be done manually by setting up a customer group and setting that group in a 0% tax rate targeted to the right geo zone. The customer has to be set into the correct group before purchase. It would be helpful to automate this in some way, if the customer supplies a VAT id / number and both the billing and shipping address are in different EU country to the store, then the correct 0% VAT rate is selected.

It is important that both the billing and shipping addresses are not the same country as the store as you can not zero rate if the goods do not leave the country or if the purchaser is registered for VAT in the same EU country as the seller.

The customers VAT id / number would be required to be put on the invoice along with a message stating something like 'Zero rated intra-EC supply'.

This is a very basic description of how EU VAT works in the UK. For other EU countries it may be different.

2.Button to print packing list / delivery note
There are times when you don't want to put an invoice in the box when shipping goods, as you don't want the receiver to know the prices, if they have been order by a customer who has a discount and the goods sent to a third party. It would also be useful to have a PDF version that could then be sent on to a supplier for direct shipping to a customer.

3. Button to email invoice to customer
It would be useful to have a button next to the print invoice button that would then send the VAT / tax invoice in an email to the customer. This would only be enabled once the invoice number had been generated. It would be preferable to be able to send a PDF version so the customer could forward it to their accounts department with out it being messed up by their email client.

4. Template for customer notification email or add text to all emails sent to customer
When updating the order history and ticking the box to notify customer there is no way to easily change the format of the email sent to the customer. It is easy to add text to comply with company declaration laws and to add a disclaimer to the email set when an order is placed but not the other emails.

5. Include Model No. and other fields in search
If you have a store with lots of similar product directing a customer to the right one to purchase over the phone can be difficult. If search included the model No. as well as the product's name you could just tell the customer to search for a part no.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by lovol2 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm surprised thats a shot stopper, just list the blue, green, jumpers as a separat product!

Post by losvre » Sun May 06, 2012 7:42 am

Hello to everyone,

May I also put my thoughts down with regards to the OC 1.6 pleaasee?
1. Mobile support
2. Integration with Ebay/Amazon and maybe facebook? Share the shame sql and update the inventory.
3. Inventory stock and the possibility to use a scanner on the till for shops that sell locally, maybe by utilising the QR codes the inventory would update and the price will show on the pc/till for printing out.
4. CMS/Blog/RSS/News

Finally, we all have to help and get OC to become by far the best cart around to support not only small but also medium/big business. I would recommend everyone to donate everytime they install an OC for business clients.

Best

Post by Kamahl » Sun May 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi,

did you consider this? I wanted to make a discussion but it seems there is noone willing to discuss :) http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61976

phpBB Social Network - create your own social networking site

phpBB3 Modifications

Post by Kamahl » Mon May 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I also suggest to move javascript/common.js to theme folders. I dont understand why there is only 1 common.js for all themes, because each theme can use different classes/IDs and different effects etc.

phpBB Social Network - create your own social networking site

phpBB3 Modifications

Post by ziziplanet » Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi Everyone!

My wishes,

1. Plugin system and automatic update(with version compabilty check)
2 templateable imoprt/export in csv/excel
3, templateable Product Feed for price comparsion sites
4 templateable graphic reporting/statistic system
5. Multi store all funcion working(like cloning the default shop)
6. Power SEO /auto title, desc, meta, keyword by density and category, prod name etc..
7. Mobile app like in magento

Sorry my bad english..)

Thanks to developers for work on this free powerfull shop system!

Post by lenamtl » Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 am

Hi,

1.On first installtion we should be able to select if we want or not the demo data & picture.
2.Able to enable/disable Whishlist, Compare Price module from the admin.
3.Option for the store owner to receive a copy of the order by email.
4.Social media implementation.
5.Testimonial module.
6.For mulilanguage store having the possibility to have different banners.
7.Looking for a way to have other languages set but when disabled they should not appear in products text (so we don't need to translate it now) or maybe add the option to display the original text if no translation.

Thanks

Post by AcidmanCPT » Mon May 14, 2012 2:08 am

Would like an option to set the availability end date of a product. Certain products are only available for 1 month, and then may only be in stock again in a few months' time. So instead of deleting the product, it must automatically be disabled as of the first of the new month , or whenever specified end date is. It would be easy to just disable one or two products from the admin area, but the client's business is such where every month there is a batch of products (between 20 to 30) which become unavailable as of the first of the new month. This takes quite a bit of time to update, and leaves room for human error. Would really appreciate if this could be implemented.

Post by Iamdbat » Wed May 16, 2012 6:00 am

PAGE SPEED
Page Speed Score: 39/100
Enable compression
Leverage browser caching
Combine images into CSS sprites
Optimize images
Minify JavaScript
Defer parsing of JavaScript
Minify CSS
Inline Small CSS
Inline Small JavaScript
Optimize the order of styles and scripts
Minify HTML
Specify image dimensions
Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header
Eliminate unnecessary reflows
Avoid CSS @import
Avoid bad requests
Avoid long-running scripts
Enable Keep-Alive
Make landing page redirects cacheable
Minimize redirects
Minimize request size
Prefer asynchronous resources
Put CSS in the document head
Reduce request serialization
Remove query strings from static resources
Serve resources from a consistent URL
Serve scaled images
Specify a cache validator
Specify a character set

Need I say more

Post by Iamdbat » Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 am

GUIDED NAVIGATION

A built in guided or faceted navigation system - NOT A PLUG IN OR MODULE but one that is built in to the core

MULTIPLE MANUFACTURERS

The ability to associate one product with more than one brand - important for components industries

PRODUCT CATEGORIES ASSOCIATED WITH BRANDS
When clicking on a brand you should be able to refine the search based upon the categories that hold products for the selected brand

Post by Iamdbat » Wed May 16, 2012 7:07 am

CUSTOM PAGES
Some sort of CMS should be built into OC

Post by mrbill » Sat May 19, 2012 4:20 am

rph wrote:
gerrynoble wrote:I would like to see a Catalogue only option implemented as a single selection from the admin menu (in much the same way as it's possible to turn of display for reviews/prices if not logged in etc.

The catalogue only mode would be a significant plus for many different type of sites that are not interested in a full cart option.
I have a mod which does this. It's even multistore so you can run one in catalog mode and another as a regular shop.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ername=rph
Your mod looks good and does what is wanted, but only works with the default theme. If something could be incorporated into the core to put the system into catalogue/holiday mode that would be great.

Post by scanreg » Thu May 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Will 1.6.0 have stock control for item options (color, size, etc) for reports and inventory?

There is a mod that can do this but would be great if this type of feature could be in the core

Post by Fatbat » Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 pm

A much better designed one page or multi step checkout is in order. The current default checkout page is shockingly bad.

Coupons and vouchers should be able to be added at the checkout, not just in the cart. People who go from choosing products straight to the checkout don't even see the current cart coupon and voucher options.

Manual pricing for multiple currencies per item. ie. I don't want the exchange rate to dictate what the pricing is in different currencies, I want to hard code it so that I can set the price on a product to be (for example with UK as default):

£18.95, €22.95, $29.95

instead of:

£18.95, €22.55, $28.43

I would like to see more multi store support with more customization on a store per store basis on things like navigation, contact information, and information in footers.

And why is the feature request list from 2010 still stickied?

Post by scanreg » Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Coupons and vouchers should be able to be added at the checkout, not just in the cart. People who go from choosing products straight to the checkout don't even see the current cart coupon and voucher options.
+1

This is where customers expect to enter coupons