Post by ultraspoon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 am

Just a thought, for something to implement in the future.

Or maybe I could do it, if its not too hard and I had a little info on where to start.

How about adding a function to log the activity of the users, so say, who added which product, who edited which product, at what time and day, such and such.

Just something to implement some new security.

A Scenario For example, shop with a number of users, all with access to add products. One user find outs there getting fired, decides to delete a number of products. All user have access, so how do we know who did it?

Could be a pretty looking, log file in the admin section, maybe a log for each individual user.

Would like to hear peoples views on this.

Post by justinv » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:14 am

I think it's a good idea. There are plenty of events which OpenCart doesn't log which would perhaps be useful to know about. If you're just worried about the case where someone does something malicious after being fired, you could probably deal with that by looking at your raw server logs. Other uses though might justify extra logging within OpenCart.

If I were trying to do what you're doing, I'd probably start by adding an extra table to the DB, and then adding an extra DB query to addProduct() and editProduct() (and any other methods I wanted to know who was using) in admin/model/catalog/product.php. You can add to your extra table perhaps the user, the time, and any other data that you want about the action performed.

I would leave it there, and just look directly at my DB if I ever needed the information, but you could take it a step further and pull the information through to the admin section for Top Admins to access and view recent activity.

That's my view on it :) I might have a think about some other stats that might be useful. Stats are an area that could be expanded in OpenCart I think.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by easydev10 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:00 pm

You can track the user activity in admin section from the other users. Using the given extension.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... &sort=name