Post by alexwrekk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 am

Every few months I go looking for an extension that does what I need and there are a few that are close, but not quite. Then I get frustrated and go on with running my business. I worry that I'm not finding it based on my own search words. If someone know what I'm looking for, please let me know!

I run a business that makes custom items. People can order 1, they could order 128, or they can order 10,016. We provide templates for people to create their own artwork as well as an online design too. Occasionally people need help with artwork, want a digital or photo proof, or make their order a rush order. I'd like these as fee options on the product page as flat fees not tied to quantity.

I need an extension:
-on the project page
-optional fee
-not tied to quantity

I already have option fees that are tied to quantity like paper type or options that do not have fees like how to package multiple designs. I just need a flat fee to add on top of the order.

This seems like something that should exist. I've found something similar to what I need as a Open cart 1, but I use Version 2.0.1.1. I've found fees that are not optional and options that are on the check out page, which would be a weird place as not all out items are custom. I'm also not interested in upgrading to opencart3 as our business has been running fine on OC 2 for several years.

Does this exist? If not, is this something other people are searching for?

Post by alexwrekk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 am

Well, I guess a little more searching did me some good as I think I have found it. I need to check to make sure it works with some of my other extenstions but I thought I'd put the link here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ion&page=5

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Just to note, Ultimate Fee/Discount can also do this. It's a normal Order Total extension, which means it adds its fee as a line item to the order (and not to the product price) but it has Option rules, so it can trigger if a particular option is in the cart. You can do it as a flat fee, so it is not based on quantity (as well as create lots of other fee or discount types).

If others are interested, feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by alexwrekk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 am

I actually looked at your extension several time but it didn't really specify very well that it was optional for people to opt-in. I also really need it in the product page so that people can see the price as they build their order, not at the end. You extension looks really great, but not an exact fit for what I need. thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 pm

No problem, that's what I figured. Just wanted to mention it in case it would work for you or others.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator