Post by mesh » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:24 am

Hello,
I don't know if this is the right place but..

I'd like to have offer for 2 features.

1. GPS locator for orders.
I mean, when customer make an order he can use he's phone built in GPS to make an order without using an address.
To do sort of a "Check In" at where he is at the moment of the purchase and that it would be shown at admin panel.
Require - Google maps. Need it for beach orders where there's no streets.

2. Upload/Snap image(Selfie) at checkout page. should be required form for being able to complete order.
Admin should see at the Admin panel the photo for the order.

Is it possible?
how much would it cost?

if anyone is able to do it please post here or mail me.
Meshi@markety.co.il

Thanks in advanced

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:49 am

Not quite, you should probably have better placed it in the commercial Section.
--
But this could easy be a 5'000+ US-Dollar DEV-Project, I assume. Be aware, that only experienced
Professionals would be able to achieve such. For the time beeing, at least, 'cause OC is in an presently ongoing
process of adopting to latest technologies, so, expected OC-3 Version Changes could have some 'influence',
on how it would have to be designed, to function, in the first place.
---
Just in case..., who know's!? ;)
Good Luck!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by MrPhil » Sat May 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Both of these are interesting, but I wonder if the first one (GPS) is practical. Can a GPS unit locate the customer (both when placing the order and the delivery guy looking for him) precisely enough on a crowded beach? You really don't want your delivery guy wandering around yelling "OK, who placed an order with Spray-On Condoms?". For some place relatively uncrowded, it might work. In my mind, not having a fixed address to deliver to is just inviting lots of prank orders that you'll never get payment for, unless you collect up front. The likely failure of delivery will mean a lot of refunds. I take it the selfie is for the delivery guy to identify the customer?