Post by hashkem » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Hello,
Is there any extension or advice that I can delete products that I don't carry anymore from frontend? It is like https://codecanyon.net/item/product-dir ... r/12997758
But just what I need is Deleting product.
Thanks in advance!

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:45 am

hashkem wrote:Hello,
Is there any extension or advice that I can delete products that I don't carry anymore from frontend? It is like https://codecanyon.net/item/product-dir ... r/12997758
But just what I need is Deleting product.
Thanks in advance!
I would not advise to use this approach as a module since the admin products uses a cache method while the store-front end does not. Meaning, when deleting products from the store-front end, the cache would not be synchronized on the back-end or, at least, not as a safe-implied method since an admin could still be logged in on the back-end, you could be logged-in on the back-end and desynchronize the cache on multiple users sessions while being logged in.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hashkem » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello straightlight,
It is a little sad but I truly appreciate your help and time!

Post by Jojonierends88 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:56 am

help me, I got the same problem... i want delete product front end but error, what is the solution ? error message " permission dont have delete "

lowongan kerja |rumah minimalis | wisata | bursa kerja

Location - USA

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Jojonierends88 wrote:help me, I got the same problem... i want delete product front end but error, what is the solution ? error message " permission dont have delete "
Opencart v1.5x does not include an event system knowing what's been accessed in order to remove a content while Opencart v2.x may not have reached perfection to it either but, at least, has this feature implemented in order to monitor and notice changes being applied on your store as well as it includes the use of an API which already allows Opencart to interact between the admin-end towards the store-front end and vice-versa in a more secured way than what Opencart v1.5x releases.

I would suggest to upgrade to Opencart v2.x releases in order to gain a more realistic result at that point since deleting products on the store-front end requires to have a more flexible security routine than what v1.5x used to provide in the past.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON