Post by Johnathan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:59 pm

adrunkentheory wrote:Custom Module Creation.

A place to "Add New Module" and it would function just like the Information Module. Just a module to create pages and link to them.
I like this idea, and propose one change: make the "Add New Module" function simply add an HTML module where you can insert whatever you want. It seems like that would be a little more generally useful.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Moggin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 pm

For the customer, a link to a printable receipt/copy of their order on the success page. Needn't be a PDF or anything fancy, just a page similar to the admin invoice.

Post by djrandyindo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 pm

A template for the newsletter (like footer and header) so you don't have to write your standard info all over again. Maybe a layout template also....

Post by nicudica » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:38 am

djrandyindo wrote:A template for the newsletter (like footer and header) so you don't have to write your standard info all over again. Maybe a layout template also....

Hi such of mod have been done ...
If you are interested please contact me.
Regards,

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by Purebeads » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:42 am

When I upload a new picture, I then have to search for it in the Image Manager window, which appears to be in alpha-numeric order. If the Image Manager window were sortable by "newest", then the most recently uploaded image would be right at the top for me to select. I don't mind searching for an image that much except that it sometimes takes a long time for all the images to load. Right now I have about 250 products loaded into the cart, and there are 2 images for each product, so there are already 500 images. When all my products are loaded, there will be 2200 images. As time passes and new items are added to the cart (30 a month), the number of images will grow. I can see myself waiting for minutes for all the images to load, so I think this could become a serious problem. It would be easily fixed by having the Image Manager sorted by Newest when it first opens, with the option to then sort it alpha-numerically.

Post by aliiqbal » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:46 am

Xsecrets wrote:
aliiqbal wrote:4. Hide the admin login for all persons except the admin
what exactly does that mean? How do you know if you are the admin till you login?

I mean everybody can see the loginpanel from the admin if he types (www.domain/admin)

He can see the admin login. thats what i mean

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:43 am

aliiqbal wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:
aliiqbal wrote:4. Hide the admin login for all persons except the admin
what exactly does that mean? How do you know if you are the admin till you login?

I mean everybody can see the loginpanel from the admin if he types (http://www.domain/admin)

He can see the admin login. thats what i mean
well that's what I figured you meant, but how the heck is the program supposed to know who is an admin and who isn't till they have logged in and how are they supposed to login if you don't show them the login screen? I see this as an impossible request.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by OC2PS » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 pm

i2Paq, are you still sticking with the plan of moving requests to Feature Requests List?

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by scoop » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Adding more custom pages, i.e modules and how do i go about adding images on text to the left and right side of the website, the space.

http://dp-fashion.co.uk

Post by OC2PS » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Add a field language_id to the reviews table, and check for it when displaying reviews on product page.

In other words, only reviews in the user's language should be displayed.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 am

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but it'd be nice to have an extra column in the admin product listing for price, and be able to sort by price.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Purebeads » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:19 am

I know that this has been discussed in other threads, but I want to put it in here as a formal request.

Both as a merchant and a consumer, I see no logic in having both an Order ID number and an Invoice number for each order. To me, they are essentially the same thing. I can see how some big companies might need two numbers for some reason, but I think that most small retailers will need just one number.

It also doesn't make much sense to me that the Order ID number is mailed to the customer. Since the Order ID number cannot be set to a certain minimum by the retailer, and since it increments erratically (dependent on technical issues described in other posts), it seems to me that it should be an internal number for the use of the merchant only (given that he has no real control over it). For a retailer who has already had 4000 orders, as I have, it looks pretty bad to have my customers receiving orders with numbers like 40 and 85 and 125, etc. They are going to think that I have just gone into business!

My recommendation is that the Order ID number, like the invoice number, be programmed to increment only when an order is completed, and that the merchant have the option of setting the minimum number and the prefix, as he does with the Invoice number. If you can't do that, then it is the Invoice number that should appear on orders emailed to the customer.

Thank you!

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:13 am

We have a new Feature Requests "FORUM". So please Post your ideas as individual topics in the "Feature Requests" Forum. This is a trial run to see if having separate feature request "topics" is better than a single feature request topic.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=110

Tips:
  • SEARCH FIRST! Your feature may have already been requested
  • Be very clear and concise when posting, and constructive when replying. No hijacking.
  • Use clear titles that summarize the main idea
I will lock this thread for now so that you can post your requests as new topics.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPOST YOUR REQUESTS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THIS TOPIC.

Administrator