Post by bcfl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Add Weight field to product, option, add option.
I use weight based shipping and for the same product a one gallon case weights 6.5 but an optional 4 gallon case weights 30.
Product A - options
1 case of 24 spray bottles, cost: 10 weight 15
1 gallon, cost 15, weight 6
1 pallet, cost 100, weight 50

product B...

Thanks for considering, bob
Last edited by bcfl on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 pm

From a usability point of view, it would be good if:
After the user clicks on a photo to enlarge it, then in the popup, there are '<' and '>' buttons to navigate through "zoomed" versions of all the product photos available.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:05 pm

- It would be good to have all images (main and additional) on the same page (I recommend on images tab).
- Each image could have a little radio button saying "Make Primary Photo" (except, of course, the image that's already the primary photo)
- Also, could we add sort order to the product photos?

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 pm

sooskriszta wrote:From a usability point of view, it would be good if:
After the user clicks on a photo to enlarge it, then in the popup, there are '<' and '>' buttons to navigate through "zoomed" versions of all the product photos available.
in 1.4.8 its already set to be able to go through all the images. it has next/prev links in the bottom left of the popped up image. I admit I'm not a huge fan of the link placement, but it's there.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:15 pm

I think that at the core of it, the current checkout process makes sense:
1. Shipping details
2. Payment details
3. Confirmation

However, I have a suggestion to make this even more intuitive:
3 pages:
1. Shipping details
Select shipping method.
Select (or enter) shipping address.
2. Payment details
Enter coupon code.
Select payment method.
3. Confirm and Pay
Enter any additional instructions
Review and confirm order (so that it is forwarded to payment mechanism)

(and then of course there will be a order success page)

I think at the most basic, I am just asking for swapping the pages on which comments and coupon code appear.

There are also other things like selecting from list of shipping addresses....

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Xsecrets wrote:in 1.4.8 its already set to be able to go through all the images. it has next/prev links in the bottom left of the popped up image. I admit I'm not a huge fan of the link placement, but it's there.
Ah, right. I still work on 1.2.9

Installed 1.4.8 a few days ago, and have been testing, but the link placement was east to miss. Would be good to have something more obvious. e.g. huge, transparent, overlay buttons for < and >

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Xsecrets wrote:I admit I'm not a huge fan of the link placement, but it's there.
That is just thickbox's default. Now that thickbox is no longer supported, we might want to poll on what we should replace it with (lightbox, fancybox, etc)

Administrator

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 pm

This is my most important feature request:
- Ability to tie shipping methods and payment methods

What this means is:
- If I have set options in admin so that COD payment method is attached to COD shipping option, then:
1. COD payment option doesnt appear unless COD shipping is selected
2. If COD shipping is selected, then COD payment method is automatically selected
(there can be a question whether this means skipping payment method page - in current item, I'd emphatically say yes. But in the method I have suggested above, I'd say no - show the page, in payment methods show only COD, show COD as selected, but dont skip the page - because the customer may still want to use a coupon.

But it goes beyond that:
e.g. If total is "zero", then cart should assume "free checkout" payment method and skip payment method page
(we do it for shipping currently - if product has no shipping required, it cart doesnt go through shipping page)

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm

I copy from my thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15637

There is an online gift shop in the UK, called Getting Personal - http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk

One of the coolest things they do is, about a week after I receive an order, I get an email from them, with the subject "About your order #xxxxx"

Inside the email, they show the product (image and name) I have bought and urge me to write a review, providing a direct link to the review section for each individual product (each product name/photo is linked to its review section).

I think this is amazing. They have amassed tens of thousands of reviews, which is brilliant for marketing their shop - it goes towards credibility and popularity via word of mouth....

My feature request is to put an automated system for this sort of review seeking post-sale email, which automatically can pull customer emails, products bought, their photos, review links, etc.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Qphoria wrote:we might want to poll on what we should replace it with (lightbox, fancybox, etc)
If you plan on asking the users, not just developers, then I think it's a great idea Q. Perhaps you should start a poll somewhere on the board.

I, for one, like fancybox's flexibility. What I ask for can be seen at the Image Gallery examples (bottom 3 photos) at http://fancybox.net/

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Qphoria wrote:what we should replace it with (lightbox, fancybox, etc)
One "shortcoming" of both fancybox and lightbox default settings is that if you click on the first image in the set, then scrolling over left half of the picture doesnt bring up the right arrow (adn clicking on last image, doesnt bring up left arrow if you scroll over the right half).

So, in implementing these scripts, may be a good idea to put "primary product photo" not as the first photo in the set, if more than 1 product photo is available.

Just a thought.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 pm

You mean you want full circular action
I'm sure it can be arranged

Administrator

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Qphoria wrote:You mean you want full circular action
I'm sure it can be arranged
AWESOME!

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by MattGSX » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:20 am

sooskriszta wrote:I copy from my thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15637

There is an online gift shop in the UK, called Getting Personal - http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk

One of the coolest things they do is, about a week after I receive an order, I get an email from them, with the subject "About your order #xxxxx"

Inside the email, they show the product (image and name) I have bought and urge me to write a review, providing a direct link to the review section for each individual product (each product name/photo is linked to its review section).

I think this is amazing. They have amassed tens of thousands of reviews, which is brilliant for marketing their shop - it goes towards credibility and popularity via word of mouth....

My feature request is to put an automated system for this sort of review seeking post-sale email, which automatically can pull customer emails, products bought, their photos, review links, etc.

THIS

It wouldn't actually be that hard to set up through a third party along with SOAP or database integration. If I get vTiger integrated with OpenCart, I'll try to set it up as an ongoing marketing campaign in vTiger and let you know how/if it works.

Location - Oshkosh, WI US

Post by padred123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 am

Qphoria wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:I admit I'm not a huge fan of the link placement, but it's there.
That is just thickbox's default. Now that thickbox is no longer supported, we might want to poll on what we should replace it with (lightbox, fancybox, etc)
Fancybox for sure!

Post by fmartin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:38 am

A little one, a checkbox in Contact Form "send a copy to my email", so customer can keep a record of messages sent.
Thanks!

Post by entertheraptor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:05 am

I know it's already been mentioned elsewhere but how about the simple HTML module as part of the core but with the ability to have multiple separate modules each with different content.

Location - Australia

Post by cmebd » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 am

I know that this is mentioned in other forum threads but.....

Required/Not require switch for:
Postcode
Telephone Number
and other non-standard address fields.

Cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by OC2PS » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 pm

dpDesignz wrote:
sooskriszta wrote:Please can you include Qphoria's free login sidebox module in 1.4.9?
http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/opencart_ ... in_sidebox

As Q says, customers are stupid. They need this box to remind them...
Please?
With one improvement:
Upon login, instead of taking to the Account page, take the user back to the page (s)he was on before logging in.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:55 am

remarkimaging wrote:
sooskriszta wrote:I copy from my thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15637

THIS

It wouldn't actually be that hard to set up through a third party along with SOAP or database integration. If I get vTiger integrated with OpenCart, I'll try to set it up as an ongoing marketing campaign in vTiger and let you know how/if it works.
I wait with bated breath!

OC2PS

Location - Hungary