Post by MariaW » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:00 pm

I really liked it and I will be helped by this a lot. Thanks a lot for such a relavant information. :)

Location - New York

Post by indesign » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Hey!

I'm a bit lost as to where we are with vQMod, has it been dropped, and replaced with OCMOD, or can is still be used in extension manager?

Cheers!

Post by Luchiano » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 pm

is this new version of opencart will be faster and more stable if you have allot of products?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 pm

indesign wrote:Hey!

I'm a bit lost as to where we are with vQMod, has it been dropped, and replaced with OCMOD, or can is still be used in extension manager?

Cheers!

Don't feel lost.. we don't have anything set in stone yet but if ocmod is too limited, then vQmod will continue being developed for opencart 2.0 and you'll just have 2 choices of modification engine instead of one.

Administrator

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Qphoria wrote:if ocmod is too limited, then vQmod will continue being developed for opencart 2.0 and you'll just have 2 choices of modification engine instead of one.
+1 to this. I think line based searching is the most important feature

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by indesign » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 pm

+1 too. So many extensions are built upon vqMod...

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Just to note, I've got vQmod running successfully alongside ocmod and will be standard in vQmod 2.5.0 and above

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by karapuz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

I am developing a new version of my extension for opencart 2000a3 build. I am glad to see that vqmod is now built-in to the store but its functionality was not transferred properly. I have the following notes:

1) after/before insertions do not work with lines. In the original vqmod the code was inserted correctly after/before the search line, now it is inserted to the line that is not good.

2) Why does installer require ftp access?!? The archive should be unpacked to the store without ftp access or at least it has to be optional.

3) The built-in vqmod does not support 'index' parameter. Why? I use it heavily in vqmod files for oc1.5.x

4) I would prefer to see ControllerExtensionModification::refresh method as a part of a model file thus it would be possible to call refresh from the code easily. Now I have to make a workaround that does not look good.

I hope you will improve the modification functionality because at the present time it does not replace vqmod as it should to.

Thank you.

Post by tdaubs » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 am

JAY6390 wrote:Just to note, I've got vQmod running successfully alongside ocmod and will be standard in vQmod 2.5.0 and above
This is good news! ;D

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by indesign » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

When will vQmod be introduced in the alpha? Cheers, super job!

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 pm

karapuz wrote:Hi,

I am developing a new version of my extension for opencart 2000a3 build. I am glad to see that vqmod is now built-in to the store but its functionality was not transferred properly. I have the following notes:

1) after/before insertions do not work with lines. In the original vqmod the code was inserted correctly after/before the search line, now it is inserted to the line that is not good.

2) Why does installer require ftp access?!? The archive should be unpacked to the store without ftp access or at least it has to be optional.

3) The built-in vqmod does not support 'index' parameter. Why? I use it heavily in vqmod files for oc1.5.x

4) I would prefer to see ControllerExtensionModification::refresh method as a part of a model file thus it would be possible to call refresh from the code easily. Now I have to make a workaround that does not look good.

I hope you will improve the modification functionality because at the present time it does not replace vqmod as it should to.

Thank you.
OpenCart 2.0 uses a different XML specification (OCmod) for describing the wanted source file modifications. It basically uses a single string buffer, whereas VQmod uses an array of lines for a source file modification.

We have added VQmod XML support to OpenCart's admin/controller/extension/modification.php file some months ago. Or you can now also use the external VQmod created by JAY6390.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Daniel has recently done a lot a of changes in e.g. the way event handlers work, or with experimenting on the introduction of namespaces (see https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/1785). The software has become quite broken, and IMHO is not yet suitable for public testing.

I'll refrain from further testing and porting extensions to OpenCart 2 until the dust has settled a bit.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Yup, this is why I've not bothered with any upgrades of my own extensions yet - it's in no way stable enough and likely to change dramatically at the last minute as always :-)

Guru Member

Post by James » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Until it hits beta it will be unstable - this has always been the plan.

Beta will only see bug fixes, more testing and the addition of 3rd party modules (payment gateways, shipping etc) - nothing that affects the API.

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by OSWorX » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm

James wrote:Until it hits beta it will be unstable - this has always been the plan.

Beta will only see bug fixes, more testing and the addition of 3rd party modules (payment gateways, shipping etc) - nothing that affects the API.
And Daniel see that also that way?
Working now since many months on v.2, adding namespace in the last minute is a really good idea.
Looking at the 'timeline' I see a publishing date 2015.
And a stable version next spring.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by karapuz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 am

JAY6390 wrote:Just to note, I've got vQmod running successfully alongside ocmod and will be standard in vQmod 2.5.0 and above
The future is for modifications, there will be no sense to ask customers to install vqmod when they see a similar built-in system. But it must be fixed in order to be compatible with vqmod patches or at least with vqmod features.

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 am

karapuz wrote:The future is for modifications, there will be no sense to ask customers to install vqmod when they see a similar built-in system
Why? They were happy to install it without the modification system
karapuz wrote:But it must be fixed in order to be compatible with vqmod patches or at least with vqmod features.
Both of these are highly unlikely to happen, and once 2.0 is released and people start releasing these ocmods, it will have to function the same for all future versions to ensure compatibility. Brace yourself for vqmod and ocmod, because it's almost a certainty

Guru Member

Post by maffe » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:11 pm

When OpenCart 2.0 is ready, will there be an upgrade module, so we can update from (in our case) 1.5.2.1 or do we need the latest version 1.5.6.4?
And is the shop code completely https? This for future Google ranking results?

Location - Lelystad

Post by James » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 pm

The update feature has not been tested yet (by myself / Daniel) - however it will still be available in the download. It will be tested prior to beta release.

You can already run OpenCart completely through https, it is not a requirement though.

J

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by cwswebdesign » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:23 pm

maffe wrote:When OpenCart 2.0 is ready, will there be an upgrade module, so we can update from (in our case) 1.5.2.1 or do we need the latest version 1.5.6.4?
And is the shop code completely https? This for future Google ranking results?
SSL has such a small ranking effect that you aren't going to see any difference yet. It effects 1% of all queries right now.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA