Post by Postcards » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Greetings
I am looking to obtain a module that registered customers can use to be notified when a product they want has been put on the store site for sale. This is most helpful for those who sell unique items like antiques and collectibles or for your customers who would buy if they added it to their want list.

The customer can input a key word(s) or phrases for something they would like to buy through their account on the “wanted list” - please this is not a request for the wish list feature which is for items already on the website and is used by the buyer as a reminder or a wish.

At a set time of night or automatically several hours later, an email notification is sent to any customers that have the correct key word(s) or phreases and is available for sale. email has link(s) to the new item listed. The customer can at all times edit their "Want List".

The admin should be able to see the keywords or phrases in admin area and be able to print out a CSV report of what is wanted.
Admin should be able to edit customer "Want List"

This module is very helpful for those who sell : stamps, postcards, antiques, collectibles, pet etc

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 pm

OC consist of a large range of different Versions, and an even larger
range of different Themes, so, without mention those 'values', there is no help.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Postcards » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 pm

I am using V1.5+ with the default theme

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Some Extensions already exist on such:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=33

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Postcards » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Thank You IP_CAM ...
I did not see those modules. So much has to do with the keywords you use to search ...thank you.
The mods available meet my needs at least part of the way.
These mods assume and work on the theory that the item has already been listed on the site and is available again.
I need an extension that does what the ones available do but also that the customer can make up their own list of keyword(s) and Phrases or items they want to buy and not necessarily an item that was already for sale. If I put up an item that was never on the site, the keyword would trigger a notice after a period of time.
As admin I can view this list of all customers via CSV and then be able to list some of the items as I find them. The customer would then be notified.
The stores that sell unique collectible items need this kind of module.

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:47 am

Duplicated topic: viewtopic.php?f=198&t=206994&p=734511#p734511 . Forum rules.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON