Post by gamerkeys » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello,
I stumbled on openCart a few weeks ago and found it was nicer to work with than what I was using before. Im stiull learning how to work with the software but it seems really great up to know.
Check out my shop, I sell pc game codes to activate on Steam, Origin, etc...
http://gamerkeys.net
I got a coupon set up for 5% off, its GKISCOOL.

Any suggestions please let me know. Im still in the learning phase.
I used the base template and worked around that.

Post by r-win » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Nicely done.

I think it would be more relax for the eyes if you align the "Add to Cart" buttons. Also, there is a stray button on the left side in Google Chrome. I've made a screenshot for you: http://screencast.com/t/xcB706xGIU3.

Good luck with your site!

Post by gamerkeys » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into how I can do that. Also, the button was a failed attempt at making the background image a link. I will fix that soon.

Post by STN » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 pm

I don't understand, how can you get/sell the games for half their price while still earning profit off it and being completely legal ?. What is your source of games for getting them so cheap ?.

I maybe buying BF3 from your site if i know for sure that you are 100% legal and for that i need to have some idea how you do it.

Game Trainers

STN

Post by gamerkeys » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:23 am

Hello,
The reason the games are so cheap is because they come from Eastern Europe and Russia. Games are typically much cheaper than games sold in the EU, USA or Canada. The keys that come with the games most times are region free which means you can activate them from anywhere in the world without worries. All games are marked as being region free or not. Even the region locked games are easy to activate with our free VPN service. Most keys are sent out as pictures of the original box sticker, an example of what we send out can be seen at http://gamerkeys.net/What-is-GamerKeys.htm. We only deal with 100% legitimate keys and do not sell fake/generated or stolen keys. All keys we sell are from 100% brand new items, once the key is sent out to the customer, the physical key is destroyed and the remaining jewel case and dvd is sent to a plastics recycling company.

Post by STN » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 am

Nice, will there be a key for RAGE ? comes out in a day or two, i'll see if i can save some bucks and buy it legal but anything around 25 is fine for me. I am going to buy bf3 when it comes out at all costs lol, its just such an epic game, you can't miss out on.

BTW, why is your site ranking so low, it seems it has been online for a good while, you should work on it because what you're offering is really nice. Maybe you have tough competition but i don't know much about the game keys business.

Opencart does need some tweaking for the meta tags but nothing too hard and it is already google friendly. If you need some tips, i can throw a few having some experience running a site.

cheers

EDIT: I found another good shop which also offers cdkeys here - hitman absolution cd keys
Last edited by STN on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Game Trainers

STN

Post by gamerkeys » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:01 am

Hello,
I am not sure why its ranking so low, but the site only opened about 1 month ago. I thought the SEO was pretty good, I will take any suggestions you have. Also ad for RAGE, I will probably be getting it but I have not been able to get a firm answer from my supplier so I will hold off on offering it until I have more concrete information.

Post by STN » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Well the most important thing as any one will tell you is backlinks from sites with good PR - pagerank. The more good backlinks, the more importance you will get from Google and search engines and the crawl rate will increase. Posting your site link on here e.g is definitely a good backlink and google will notice it sooner or later. Getting affiliations is a good way of getting backlinks to both parties and almost every site owner will agree to the exchange if you have similar content and traffic data so starting out, you may not get affiliates. Affiliation with a good traffic site also has the advantage of boosting traffic to your site as visitor will check out your site too from the affiliate. Stay away from affiliate program or choose wisely as search engines will punish you badly if you get caught.

For example if you check out my site > FREE Game Trainers i have 30+ backlinks and the traffic rank was as low as -6,00,000 some months ago but it has dropped recently because of the lack of content so content is key. Search engines index my site really quick and a new topic/content is crawled/indexed in short time for keywords with low competition (i noticed 1 hour time once). I just made a new site at Game Trainers as well and you can see it is growing quick.

Your site has pretty good seo and indexing so i don't think my advice above has given you any new information. So i guess, the thing you are missing is a traffic boost and advertising, investing in ads etc.. would definitely help. Especially considering that you are running a site with a lot of competition and just good SEO wouldn't help even. I have seen big sites with millions of visit invest a lot in advertisings/traffic boosting programs and it eventually pays off as the visitor base start coming from all kind of sources and you get loyal customers/visitors.
This reminds me of the movie "Social network" if you have seen it, the facebook creators first spams the emails with links to facebook for getting traffic and it changes to a spreading chain reaction with the spammed forwarding to their friends because facebook sounded interesting to them. I don't know how true is that and if fb creators really used that but i have bulk emailed my members with info about a newly released product and it has brought back thousands of members who did just a single visit. Spamming unknown emails maybe as effective if your content is good and interesting but i don't know the ethics of that and if you feel okay about it.

I am not an expert though and just talking from my experience of running a site for 4+ years and i've failed several times until learning the way to do it so i am sure there would be good advice in my post.

Game Trainers

STN

Post by davidoss » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:10 am

Hi.
Very nice shop.What you use for selling?You buy http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC
Thx for answer.

Post by rob_pal » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 am

Just another premium template, not sure what we are suppose to comment on it though.

Location - Leeds

Post by goaesco » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into how I can do that.

India Tour Package | Tour Packages Kullu Manali | Cultural Tours India | Goa Package | Manali Honeymoon Packages