Post by fdarn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:51 pm

http://www.holstershack.com

Yes I welcome feedback.

Post by granddaddy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Overall, it looks very good. Loads nice and fast too.
A couple of minor suggestions:
1. You shouldn't mix fonts on a web page. The horizontal menu is in Times Roman - it will be better in sans-serif like all the other texts.
2. The buttons aren't quite good enough quality to match the rest of the site. If you could get some good button images it would make a massive difference.
3. You need some extra padding on category/product/information pages. The titles, subcategories etc are pushed right up to the edges.
4. You product pages don't seem to have the product title showing at the top. It should have a prominent title so the visitor instantly sees the name of the product, plus it will work better in Google.
So... with a little bit more work you'll have a very professional looking site.

Post by fdarn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:37 pm

granddaddy wrote:Overall, it looks very good. Loads nice and fast too.
1. You shouldn't mix fonts on a web page. The horizontal menu is in Times Roman - it will be better in sans-serif like all the other texts.
2. The buttons aren't quite good enough quality to match the rest of the site. If you could get some good button images it would make a massive difference.
3. You need some extra padding on category/product/information pages. The titles, subcategories etc are pushed right up to the edges.
4. You product pages don't seem to have the product title showing at the top. It should have a prominent title so the visitor instantly sees the name of the product, plus it will work better in Google.
Thank you granddaddy,
That is good advice. I didn't even consider the difference in the fonts. I can see that now. I ll redo that black menu today.
As for the buttons. This is the default theme and i just changed the colors of the roll over graphic. I didn't know I could just replace the whole buttons. I am going to look into that.
I admit I screwed up the padding on the titles and caused them to be flush with the edge. I did that a while ago because they were throwing a graphic off that I needed to go all the way to edges. I ll see if I can remember what file I edited to fix that.
I also admit I intentionally removed the titles too. Several months ago I was using long titles and they were pushing the product image too low. I wanted that closer to the top so I removed it then forgot all about it. That is is a good point about google. I'll have to see if I can remember what file I edited to put that back too.

When I get these changes done I ll put up a note and maybe you can go over it again.

Thank you,
Fred

Post by Lunatic » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 pm

granddaddy wrote:Overall, it looks very good. Loads nice and fast too.
very well said