Post by MikeAU » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi,

I am glad we have reached to this stage. My friend and I were having general discussion and we decided to launch an Artificial Jewellery Store. He is actually running quite a few websites and he asked me to use OpenCart. As I was new to this line, I decided to go with his suggestion. It has been a nice learning curve, but I am really excited.

I had some experience with programming languages, but with my present work I could not devote myself into it. But with this project I am enjoying my renewed interest and a motive to go deep into it.

Would appreciate your constructive feedback. In terms of the domain name, it was the closest we could get to Online Store.

Http://OnLnStore.com.au

Thanks for your time
Mike

Post by MikeAU » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi,

Initially I made the updates in the core files, but then I read about VQMod and started using extensions to suite my needs made using VQMod. Then started playing with VQMod, now I have removed most of my core changes and have created my own VQMods or updated the VQMods to suit my needs.

Some of the good VQMods I can suggest, if people are interested:
(1) VQMod Manager -- this is must and one of the best.
(2) Invoice Prod image logo -- by OCextensions.co.uk
(3) Payment Methods logos -- by Webness Creations. I found a bug, wherein it would re-enable all the payment options every time you saved the settings. So I updated it to suit my requirements.

Other VQmods, I have created for my needs:
(1) Google Tag Manager.
(2) Footer to include Trusted Certs, Paypal Logos, Facebook etc.
(3) Updates to Contact Us page -- for local pickup. This can be modified to present any additional information you want to inject in the Contact us page.

And I am sure many more with the time to come.

But most importantly, as the learning never ends, would welcome your recommendation on good extensions.

I figured out we can not VQMod the Stylesheet.css, so if you know of a better way to capture/manage the changes.

I am new to this forum, but if you want any of the VQMods I have created, don't know if you can PM me, else email me at webmaster at OnlnStore.com.au and I will send them over.

Again, would welcome your constructive feedback.

Regards
Mike
http://OnlnStore.com.au

Post by EyeWear Lashes Co. » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Looks great- clean & professional =)

Post by MikeAU » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:11 am

Thank you EyeWear.

Any other suggestions, welcome.

thanks again.

Post by aye » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 pm

I like it. Your opencart customization is quite simple but your product enriches it filling the gap amazingly. Congrats!

Free hosting

aye

Post by manyuchi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:51 pm

I'm loving your store. I am trying to do the same thing with mine. Please review and give me suggestions. I'm sure there are plenty of things that are wrong with it. Check it out here