Post by gladen » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm nearly finished with my new store front and would like to hear opinions, critiques, and suggestions.

It is a t shirt and garment shop with a particular niche focus.

http://www.lokisreverie.com

Thank you everyone.

Post by labeshops » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:14 am

Nice start. Three things really stick out on first glance:

1. Gray text on gray background = very hard to read. Especially since your design is responsive - would be harder to read on smaller screens.

2. Your top header is way too deep. The top half of the screen is your prime real estate "above the fold" and you have to scroll past the header to see anything. I'd re-work it and get your logo down below the "home" links.

3. Your images look photo shopped and not natural so they really don't show off your designs in their best light. Some are not too bad, others are pretty glaring so I'd work on getting getter pics.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by gladen » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks labeshops!

On resolutions greater than 1024 the logo looks fine, but not on smaller ones. I changed it to a smaller logo for now.

You are right, a better contrast for the text against the background d would do well...and yes I'll be replacing the graphics as time allows.

I appreciate the pointers, thank you very much; good advice, all of them

Post by labeshops » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:20 am

Yes, the logo looks a good deal better.

I understand on the images. The main issue with them is the prints seem to be overly large for the shirts - like the tarot ones for instance. You are opening yourself up for complaints and returns when people get the actual shirt and see it's not that large.

Also be careful with using copyrighted designs such as the Rider-Waite tarot images. You are opening yourself up to a lawsuit and Paypal shutting you down for them. (You also have the Heirophant described as Judgement which is wrong).

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by gladen » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you Labeshops, but actually...

The designs really do print that large. They are 12X16 Inches which fills up pretty much the entire model's shirt.

The Rider-Waite Tarot images have never been copyrighted. Whilst US Games previously claimed a copyright on these, that is not actually a fact, and was something they used as a scare-tactic to retain control of the imagery. Their copyright is for "new material only"; which amounts to the coloring around the outside of the borders and the design on the back of the cards.

I know this as fact because I dealt with them a few years back.

This is all academic at this point as any copyright claims on the materials expired a few years ago and they are now cataloged as Public Domain the world over.

And thank you letting me know that I have mis-classified an item. That's what happens when one copies a stock item and then gets distracted.

Post by labeshops » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks for the info on the images. I didn't realized they were now public domain - good to know.

12 x 16 is large for a shirt. I used to do silk screened shirts and 8 x 10 was the average size which is why I thought your prints looked too large. You might want to include the size in the description then so people realize it.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:30 am

I don't know where my reply went but here it is again......

I like the store, basic opencart layout with some changes but I would walk away when shopping... The reason is the TShirts do not tell me enough about what I am selecting....

What is a Destroyed TShirt? Where do I get information about that? Maybe it is common place to some but I am not sure what it is... Where is the description field that I could answer the question for myself?

I know what Gildan is but who else does? Maybe remove that and include it in the description field (that doesn't current seem to be there) something like: All TShirts are made by Gildan Activewear except when chosen otherwise. A "destroyed" shirt is .. .. . . .. . . ..

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by gladen » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Labeshops;
Thank you again. I know where you're coming from. I used to do dye-sublimation shirts and had the same size limitations. Now I'm running DTG which provides a bigger canvas to work on.

Cue4Cheap;
Thank you very much. To be perfectly honest, I had intended to fill out all descriptions of the basic brands and styles and it got buried so deep on the list that I haven't gotten to it as of yet.
I will make that a priority this week as I am going to rework all descriptions to be a little more florid in terms of keywords.