Post by superann » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Just launched Poketo's new shop based on OpenCart. Lots of mods throughout. Using WordPress for the static pages and blog.

http://poketo.com

Post by eastbayed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Probably the cleanest and most original use of open cart I've seen. Does not seem like a template at all. How did you completely customize open cart's look? Excellent Design! Can I private IM you for possible future consulting?

Post by superann » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks, eastbay! This really isn't just a simple templating... I've made changes all throughout the cart to implement the custom functions my client was looking for, and reworked pretty much all of the front end to fit my client's design specifications. The related products for example are generated first manually based on whatever has been specified, then if that set is empty it looks for other products done by that artist, and falls back on a random set of products if there aren't any of those either.

I do custom dev of any kind so please do feel free to contact me.

Post by slawrence10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 pm

this is the strongest OpenCart shop I've seen to date.

your product photography really makes this site.

Really nice branding, strong font choice.

great work, congratulations!

Scott

Scott Lawrence - Creative agency - Bespoke web and graphic design

Location - London, UK

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 pm

I would only recommend SEO to make the links as pretty as the rest of the site. Very nice work

Administrator

Post by superann » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone! On my recommended to-do list for my client is doing a mod to make all the links prettier automatically, but it probably won't be happening unless they increase their budget. Ahead of that is doing some custom wholesale catalog templates for them, which I'm not sure will be happening for a while either...

Post by grantdp » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:39 am

very nice!