Post by alan852 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:19 am

Hello everyone,
I am looking for hosting advice for Opencart. What hosting site would you recommend for the new version of opencart?
Which hosting solution would you rate better- hostgator or bluehost?
Thanks
Al

Post by Avvici » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:11 am

Host Gator or In Motion Hosting. You can't go wrong with either. Right now I think In Motion is doing 6 months free hosting for shared. If your budget allows it I would recommend using a VPS no matter where you go. Here is an article worth looking at:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=67805

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by alexmorco » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 am

I have been using Cloudways opencart hosting. Resong behind buying their hosting is they have managed platform where, I manage my store easily, its secure, daily backup, free SSL, and migration is much easier. I will recommend you to go with Cloudways Opencart hosting and try their free 3 days trial.

Post by by mona » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi Alexmorco

Not the best promotion for your organisation.

Your posts serve only to repeat the answers that have already been provided and a plug for your organisation. The offer nothing in that way of assistance nor show any knowledge of Opencart or that you, as a host, are able to assist any of the issues posted.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by huntbee » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:00 pm

I have worked on over 500+ OpenCart websites and the most common and basic issue the OpenCart users face is because of the web hosting service provider they have chosen. Because of the improper hosting server, users often mess up with the website.

The most common issues are
  • Non-friendly user control panel. If the control panel is not user-friendly, you will have to struggle a lot in managing your website files.
  • Very limited server handling capacity.
  • Less freedom to select the PHP version and its functions or non-availability of higher PHP versions or PHP functions.
  • Inappropriate directory level permission setup
What are the factors to keep in mind when you get a web hosting server for OpenCart
  • It must be a Linux-based server. There should be no second thought. Avoid windows server.
  • You should have unlimited MySQL databases and each database size must be greater than 1 GB.
  • Unlimited Cronjobs
  • Unlimited Bandwidth
  • Daily Backups
  • Powerful control panel / Cpanel
  • RAM greater than 1GB
  • Storage of 30GB or more
  • Cost
  • Security
Based on the above-listed factors and comparing the pros and cons of the available best-hosting provider, I pick Hostinger web hosting. It satisfies the requirement for OpenCart very well and also it is very cost-effective. You also get your money back if you are not satisfied with the service.

Types of Hosting
  • Shared Hosting
  • Cloud Hosting
  • VPS Hosting
  • Dedicated Hosting
What to choose?
VERY SMALL WEBSITE (LESS THAN 3000 PRODUCTS)
If your website is small, then choose shared hosting. My Recommendation is the "Business Web Hosting" plan. It offers 200GB SSD Storage, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Databases, Free Domain, Free SSL, Daily Backups, Powerful and user friendly control panel, unlimited cronjobs, 3GB database size, 1GB RAM

MEDIUM-SIZED WEBSITE (LESS THAN 1,00,000 PRODUCTS)
Go for the cloud hosting, my recommendation is the "Professional Cloud Hosting" Plan. It Offers 250GB SSD storage, 6GB RAM, 4CPU cores, each database size up to 6GB and unlimited database, Cloudflare integration, free domain, free SSL, Cache Manager, Powerful control panel. This plan is perfect for those who are looking for speed.

LARGE-SIZED WEBSITE (MORE THAN 3,00,000 PRODUCTS)
Although the OpenCart website is often used for small and medium-sized businesses, choose VPS server if you want more power to handle resources. Choose plan VPS 6.

HuntBee OpenCart Services
https://www.huntbee.com

Location - India

Post by adabob » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 am

I had Hostinger and it was a nightmare, NOT Cpanel and while tech support for the most part was all via chat and often hours to respond. Money Back? Forget it, once you give them you payment they are a pain to work with. While their plans and website sales sounds good, I for one would never recommend them.

Post by huntbee » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:03 pm

Yes I agree, support is not much efficient. However, I faced similar situation in almost all hosting providers that I used. Support will always try to say there is no issue at all from their side. But in hostinger, I have not faced any server issues so I didn't need much of talking to the support. But other hosting service I would face major problems that affected my business most of the times, like they enable or disable something in their server, and this will create some problems in the website, the support will have no idea what the issue is, and after repeated calls they will come to know that the issue is from their side. So far I have not faced such an issue in hostinger, once I face a similar issue for me or for my clients, I will stop recommending hostinger too.

They do not have cpanel, but they provide hpanel and I think this is more than enough for hosting control. In hpanel copying files was not easy like cpanel, but I use SSH or FTP for files copying between folders. And moreover, one can pay extra for cpanel license. They also provide a cpanel hosting plan.

HuntBee OpenCart Services
https://www.huntbee.com

Location - India