Post by jvl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:17 pm

With Amazon, a vendor in UK can set the product price in GBP. When a german Customer logins in to amazon, he will see my product (assuming I allow delivery to Germany), but he will see the price in EUR. A german vendor will set his prices in EUR. I.e. the products base currency of its base price is per-vendors currency, not global.

Having tried woocommerce, there are plenty of multi-currency plugins, but every product price has to be in the same Global fixed "shop" currency. You can't really ask a vendor in Uganda to price is products in EUR, he has no idea what a euro is. He need to price is products in UGX (and the purchaser sees this converted to his local currency)

This is in a multi-vendor scenario. Ideally we would want to fix the currency which prices are entered based (by the vendor) on the country of that vendor (like Amazon does).

Does opencart support this does anyone know?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, could not find a "can opencard do this" forum.

jvl

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Requires an extension to accomplish your request. You could find some on the Marketplace. However, ensure to look at the compatible versions before purchase / download.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by knowband.plugins » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi,
I would like to suggest you OpenCart Multi-Vendor Marketplace by which you can convert your online store into a fully-efficient Marketplace. And this extension does support multi-currencies.

Regards,
Knowband Team

Opencart Plugins: Knowband Store
Email: support@knowband.com