Post by seamate » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:18 am

As the title says, I am want to know if I can use opencart as an ecommerce solution for a wordpress website. Is there a plugin or something? I have checked the features of opencart and could not see anything related to Wordpress.

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Asking myself why you want to use WordPress for a ecommerce solution when you have OpenCart which is already the solution.
No need to use that other bloatware.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Gy_Stars » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:46 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 pm
Asking myself why you want to use WordPress for a ecommerce solution when you have OpenCart which is already the solution.
No need to use that other bloatware.
Well it does make sense. I had the same issue with one of my clients websites who had a longtime grown wp website ( http://celebninja.com/ ) and he just wanted a site solution to incorporate into his website without starting from scratch. plugin was actually the way to go.

http://celebninja.com/

Post by marianoitaliano » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:07 pm

You could also consider moving all the content of your current service to OpenCart and leave it in the same domain so you won't lose your history, visitors, backlinks etc.
Of course, it depends on the volume and complexity of your current service. But usually, it's doable.

Post by iextendlabs » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:37 pm

I get following options when I think of wordpress and opencart plugin
1. Show Opencart products in wordpress via widget
2. Show latest blog posts of wordpress in opencart via module.
Am I right ?

Post by beautyepic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:31 pm

OpenCart and Wordpress (thus both made in PHP) are two different systems for two different purposes.

They both have a database, users, plugins/modules, themes, admin area and they are both CMS-es on their own.
But While OpenCart's purpose is to help you build and manage an e-shop, WordPress was built as a publishing platform.
It's quite unclear from your question how you'd like to make them work together.
Is more like comparing two men: one is an news editor and the other one is a store manager. They both do their jobs very good and live on their own. Can they work together - sure each on their own stuff! But can you take a hand and a leg from one and put it to the other - quite unlikely (unless you want to do a Frankenstein experiment..