Post by svremeto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 am

Hello!

I was wondering is it possible to copy already set Opencart store?

I will explain to be sure that I am clear in my question.

The people choose a theme for their stores, they set it, they add extensions and also set it and the creation of one good online store is setting and setting and setting. And I was wondering if everything is already made could I just:

1. copy the home directory to another server
2. connect it with another domain
3. creat new data base
4. change the paths to the copied website in both config files
5. also change user, pass and what was in the down part of both config files

and have a set website without.

The only thing after these steps will be (of course) to delete/edit the products, categories and banners.

Am i right in these thoughts? Or maybe I missed something?

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 am

Simply backup your Opencart from your public_html folder from your host file manager console, download the ZIP file from your old server. Then, on your new server, extract the ZIP file with the extract function; still in your host file manager console. Edit both config.php and admin/config.php files, create a new database and ensure from your database that the domain name from your entire database entries matches the current domain you are using when noticing the old domain name. This can be tracked by using the PHPMyAdmin's search tab in your new Opencart database once all the data has been re-imported.

Your .htaccess file may also need to be edited before officially running the store on your new server to ensure the right relative paths. Lastly, ensure when creating your new database to set all privileges check marked before launching the store from your browser.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by svremeto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:14 am

An could import the old data base to the new website and to delete what you dont need from the opencart admin panel. I am not very "in" in this things, but i know that the data base is responsible about the products and categories in the admin panel, so everything in the admin panel will not be there if i create a new data base, right?

Post by thekrotek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:33 am

If you're not "very in", then you shouldn't do it yourself. It's a simple procedure, when you know, how to do it. But when you don't, most likely you will fail or even break your original store.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Post by svremeto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:45 am

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:33 am
If you're not "very in", then you shouldn't do it yourself. It's a simple procedure, when you know, how to do it. But when you don't, most likely you will fail or even break your original store.
I already changed some servers for my current website so i made the database transfer and the webstie tranfser also. Like you said its a simple procedure.

But i am asking to copy the store with its settings delete the products, change the categories and just have a new store. This requires copying of the old website and placing the files in new place. Could i brake my old store that way? As the only thing i will do on the old host will be just copying the files.

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:21 am

As the only thing i will do on the old host will be just copying the files.
If this is the only objective you are looking for to do to complete the site transfer, it would then be better to hire a professional to do the task for you by posting your request in the Commercial Support section of the forum.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by svremeto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:34 am

No, I dont want to transfer my website to differen host. The topic is about copying existing and set website and to use it to sell different products.

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 am

My apologize. Then, yes, you can duplicate a store but most people would rather create a sub-domain by duplicating the store into a sub-folder: https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-do-o ... ores-work/

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by svremeto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:47 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 am
My apologize. Then, yes, you can duplicate a store but most people would rather create a sub-domain by duplicating the store into a sub-folder: https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-do-o ... ores-work/
Oh, thank you. I`ve never met this. I will take a look. Thank you again!