Post by ideep13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi,

I am searching for the extension that has the lowest fee possible. We have debit cards linked with paypal, but the fees are abnormal.

Please suggest me what extensions are out there that are offering possibility of payment with credit cards, debit cards, paypal, diners would be great ect. but with the lowest fee possible.

I have O.C. 2.3.0.2.

Thank you :)

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:27 pm

The lowest service fees with provided APIs may also vary on the location and the currency exchange with those provided services. I would suggest to use Google, in this case.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:30 pm

I am from Europe. I found the braintree, but opencart is one of the few that are not listed.

https://www.braintreepayments.com/en-si ... tegrations

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Opencart v3.x releases does provide the free module for braintree. It is on rare occasions that users reports an issue with it on the forum.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Transaction fees don't have any relation to extensions. They're managed by payment systems (PayPal, for example). So you need to find the cheapest card processing gateway first and only then look for extension for it.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:38 pm

OpenCart 3.0 does have a Braintree PayPal method built-in, but I believe that's only for PayPal payments, not credit card payments. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

If you end up going with Braintree, I have a Braintree Payment Gateway that lets you accept payments in OpenCart via Braintree. It also supports PayPal payments via Braintree, and works with all OpenCart 2.x and 3.x versions.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 pm

catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_braintree.php file:
if ($vaulted_customer_info) {
$vaulted_card_count = 0;
$vaulted_paypal_count = 0;

if ($vaulted_customer_info->creditCards && $this->config->get('payment_pp_braintree_card_vault') == 1) {
$vaulted_card_count = count($vaulted_customer_info->creditCards);

foreach ($vaulted_customer_info->creditCards as $credit_card) {
$vaulted_payment_methods['cards'][] = array(
'image' => $credit_card->imageUrl,
'name' => sprintf($this->language->get('text_vaulted_payment_method_name'), $credit_card->cardType, $credit_card->last4, $credit_card->expirationDate),
'token' => $credit_card->token,
'expired' => $credit_card->expired,
'default' => $credit_card->default
);
}
}
if ($nonce_info->type == 'CreditCard' && $this->config->get('payment_pp_braintree_3ds_status') == 1) {
OpenCart 3.0 does have a Braintree PayPal method built-in, but I believe that's only for PayPal payments, not credit card payments. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
Correction posted.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks, I'll have to look into it more closely one of these days.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator