Post by bravonet » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm

recently all my opencart site being hacked.

the original admin username and password has been changed automatically. even all of them have a different username n password.

im pretty sure that this is hacking. when checking on database, all of the sites' admin username has been changed to sandy123.

currently found in OC version 1.5, 2.3 and 2.1

has anyone facing the same issue?

Attachments

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 2.58.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 2.58.24 PM.png (58.09 KiB) Viewed 760 times


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 am

Post by Burt65 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 pm

bravonet wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm
recently all my opencart site being hacked.

the original admin username and password has been changed automatically. even all of them have a different username n password.

im pretty sure that this is hacking. when checking on database, all of the sites' admin username has been changed to sandy123.

currently found in OC version 1.5, 2.3 and 2.1

has anyone facing the same issue?
Any link to the actual shop?

What else was changed?

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:23 pm
Location - Oz

Post by bravonet » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 pm
bravonet wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm
recently all my opencart site being hacked.

the original admin username and password has been changed automatically. even all of them have a different username n password.

im pretty sure that this is hacking. when checking on database, all of the sites' admin username has been changed to sandy123.

currently found in OC version 1.5, 2.3 and 2.1

has anyone facing the same issue?
Any link to the actual shop?

What else was changed?
suncisco.com.my and ecocanasports.com was two of them. do you face the same issue?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 am

Post by Burt65 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 pm

bravonet wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:00 pm
Burt65 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 pm
bravonet wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm
recently all my opencart site being hacked.

the original admin username and password has been changed automatically. even all of them have a different username n password.

im pretty sure that this is hacking. when checking on database, all of the sites' admin username has been changed to sandy123.

currently found in OC version 1.5, 2.3 and 2.1

has anyone facing the same issue?
Any link to the actual shop?

What else was changed?
suncisco.com.my and ecocanasports.com was two of them. do you face the same issue?
No, I can't say that I ever had. Am I right in presuming that the two site mentioned above are not on the same server?

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:23 pm
Location - Oz

Post by bravonet » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 pm
bravonet wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:00 pm
Burt65 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 pm


Any link to the actual shop?

What else was changed?
suncisco.com.my and ecocanasports.com was two of them. do you face the same issue?
No, I can't say that I ever had. Am I right in presuming that the two site mentioned above are not on the same server?
it's from the same server, shared hosting.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 am

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 am

sometimes websites get hacked because of poor security on a shared server.

Another possible reason is that you are using some extensions that have security vulnerabilities.


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location - Singapore

Post by bravonet » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm

MarketInSG wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 am
sometimes websites get hacked because of poor security on a shared server.

Another possible reason is that you are using some extensions that have security vulnerabilities.
yes. u r right. is because of the shared hosting being hacked and affected the rest of the opensource site.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests