Post by Monsoon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Hello~ English is not my native language so there might be mistakes.

I'm planning to update my site to OpenCart, but I'm not sure if it has feature I would need.

I need my site to have one database and four different shops. For example, there is database and then I have shops selling shoes, handbags, jeans and the wholesale store. Database should have all the items and shops would only have some of them. BUT the items would be mixed up like wholesale section would have all items and shoe shop might have few handbags etc.

Most important part is that if someone buys the last handbag, the item will dissappear from all the stores.

All stores would be at different addresses and have different layout.

I have checked Opencart Marketplace tool but I'm not sure if it has all the parts I need.

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:28 pm

I need my site to have one database and four different shops. For example, there is database and then I have shops selling shoes, handbags, jeans and the wholesale store. Database should have all the items and shops would only have some of them. BUT the items would be mixed up like wholesale section would have all items and shoe shop might have few handbags etc.
The Multi-Store extensions may provide what you need: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... arch=multi store
Most important part is that if someone buys the last handbag, the item will dissappear from all the stores.
As for this inquiry, by default, Opencart can already allow merchants to either display that the item is out of stock or no message can be displayed. I would not suggest to completely eliminate the product item page for out of stock reasons especially if search engines has already tracked that particular product page before the item gets out of stock.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Monsoon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:55 pm

I have checked the extensions, but I'm not sure if they work the way I describe. Most of them are not free, so I would like to know which works before buying one.

I'm planning to make items so that they will dissappear from store (you can't find them if you search within site), but if you search with Google, you can find them.

Post by victorj » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am

First part of your question, different stores each with a unigue apearance and different products can be done with opencart multistore.

Second question for sold products, when a product is sold and stocj is zero, you can prevent that that someone else buys it as you can exlude out of stock from ging through checkout and even dispaly a message in stock status that item is not availiable for sale, even with a module it wont show up in product listing when stock is zero.
you cant prevent it wont be found in google search, as there is no way you can control google search

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland