Post by alex067 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 am

I have an extension that removed the billing address step in checkout, but my step # now is:
step 1: checkout
step 3: payment

can I change the step # via language file?

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:50 am

OC version not posted. However,

Code: Select all

$data['text_checkout_option'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_option'), 1);
		$data['text_checkout_account'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_account'), 2);
		$data['text_checkout_payment_address'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_payment_address'), 2);
		$data['text_checkout_shipping_address'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_shipping_address'), 3);
		$data['text_checkout_shipping_method'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_shipping_method'), 4);

if ($this->cart->hasShipping()) {
			$data['text_checkout_payment_method'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_payment_method'), 5);
			$data['text_checkout_confirm'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_confirm'), 6);
		} else {
			$data['text_checkout_payment_method'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_payment_method'), 3);
			$data['text_checkout_confirm'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_checkout_confirm'), 4);	
		}
catalog/controller/checkout/checkout.php file. Each number you see at the end of each lines represents the step number.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:31 pm

You should change this in the language file, not the controller file. The relevant one is this one:

/catalog/language/YOURLANGUAGE/checkout/checkout.php

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 pm

The last indicated question on the first post was about:
can I change the step # via language file?
which the answer is no. The step number is located in the controller itself rather than the language file. The language file only contains the %s with the defined text but does not contain the step number.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:48 pm

I still recommend changing it in the language file itself, and hard-coding it in there (in place of the %s strings). Editing a language file is preferable to editing a controller file, since controller file edits can conflict with other modifications, and are harder to redo if you upgrade OpenCart in the future. In my experience, language file edits tend to be safer than controller file edits.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator