Post by david5565 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 am

*you don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server. Additionally...*

Please help.
For some reason this installation does not send mail. I keep getting the above error.
Thanks in anticipation. ???

Image of the error is hosted here -> lovestruckcakes.com/image/catalog/banners/mailerror_opencart.jpg

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 am

- Ensure to configure proper directory settings from your config.php and admin/config.php files.
- Ensure to set proper permissions to the required folders on your file server from your install.txt file downloaded from the Opencart ZIP file from opencart.com or Github opencart master files.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by david5565 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:14 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 am
- Ensure to configure proper directory settings from your config.php and admin/config.php files.
- Ensure to set proper permissions to the required folders on your file server from your install.txt file downloaded from the Opencart ZIP file from opencart.com or Github opencart master files.
Thanks. I've looked around and granted more access to files yet cant work my way around the problem.

Post by MrPhil » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 am

Does this affect only the admin area, or is the customer-facing (store) side also not working? Did it work before, and if so, are you aware of ANY changes or upgrades you or your host made since then? Is this only mail functions that cause this error, or any operation in the admin side? Did you change any directory or file permissions, or add any kind of password protection to the admin side, before it stopped working? Have you listed your directories and files, and if so, has anything changed more recently than you recall working on the store? Recent changes or new files can indicate your host did something, or it could show that a hacker has been in there. Did you make any directory or file "world writable" (e.g., permissions 777 or 666)? Depending on the system configuration, that might trigger a 403 or 500 error. Permissions should be the most restricted that still get the job done (i.e., don't grant excessively generous permissions, where not needed). Any recent changes to .htaccess (AddHandler, etc.) that might tell it to process PHP files differently than before (this would likely affect all PHP files)?

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 am

david5565 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:14 pm
straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 am
Thanks. I've looked around and granted more access to files yet cant work my way around the problem.
You'd need to reset your usergroup table on the database. Another alternative would be by following these instructions: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=169431&p=699275#p699275

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by david5565 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:56 pm

MrPhil wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 am
Does this affect only the admin area, - YES, only when i try to send mails from marketing>mail

or is the customer-facing (store) side also not working? Customer Side is working
Did it work before, - NO, Marketing>Mail has never worked. However sending receipts/invoices/completing order alerts from the backend sends a mail to the client when notify customer is checked

and if so, are you aware of ANY changes or upgrades you or your host made since then? - N/A

Is this only mail functions that cause this error, or any operation in the admin side?
Did you change any directory or file permissions, or add any kind of password protection to the admin side, before it stopped working? - Not that i know of

Have you listed your directories and files, and if so, has anything changed more recently than you recall working on the store? NO
Recent changes or new files can indicate your host did something, or it could show that a hacker has been in there. i checked through cpanel and 'access-logs' and 'www' are on 777. Is that a danger?

Did you make any directory or file "world writable" (e.g., permissions 777 or 666)? NO
Depending on the system configuration, that might trigger a 403 or 500 error. Permissions should be the most restricted that still get the job done (i.e., don't grant excessively generous permissions, where not needed).

Any recent changes to .htaccess (AddHandler, etc.) that might tell it to process PHP files differently than before (this would likely affect all PHP files)? No idea, but i would start searching through the files and names mentioned.